Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

eddy4iu

Basketball ticket info.....

47 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I got the email too but was to late and they were already gone when I went to order them.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

That’s such a bummer! I called 1 min after I saw the email, but they didn’t call back for an hour, at which point I was in a meeting with a senior colleague. Luckily my colleague said to take it and that the call was more important than the meeting!!!

Best guess on mini-series package.....

It's been a very long time since I had to navigate an IU Academic year calendar but if I'm interpreting it correctly the basketball mini-series package this season will consist of Arkansas Little Rock, Jackson State, Elon, Kennesaw State and Northwestern. With the "marquee" game being Northwestern I think this may be my first year in quite a while to pass on buying 4 mini-series packages.

35 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

It's been a very long time since I had to navigate an IU Academic year calendar but if I'm interpreting it correctly the basketball mini-series package this season will consist of Arkansas Little Rock, Jackson State, Elon, Kennesaw State and Northwestern. With the "marquee" game being Northwestern I think this may be my first year in quite a while to pass on buying 4 mini-series packages.

Brutal. 

Just found this in my IU account:

IU Men's Basketball Mini-Series Package

2022-23 IU Men's Basketball Mini-Series
2022-23 IU Men's Basketball Mini-Series
Onsale: 9/19/2022 at 8:00 am

Information
  • PRICE:
    • Main Level: $270
    • Balcony: $155
    • IU Student: $100
  • PRIORITY DEADLINE: October 19, 2022
  • This package includes the following games:
    • Nov. 23 - Little Rock
    • Nov. 25 - Jackson State
    • Dec. 20 - Elon
    • Dec. 23 - Kennesaw State
    • Jan. 8 - Northwestern
  • There will be a limit of eight (8) main level seats per account. All seats will be assigned using the IU Athletics Priority Point Policy.
  • A maximum of four (4) seats will be assigned together on the first allocation pass of main level seats.
  • Per Big Ten policy, everyone entering into Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall must have a ticket, regardless of age.

58 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Brutal. 

Yep - there's usually a good B10 game or 2 that makes it worthwhile buying the package.  Good opportunity for folks who don't generally have access to take in some games and also good for folks coming back around the holidays.  It's good though that the only B10 game the students won't be around for is Northwestern.  Glad it's not one of the heavier hitters.

15 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Anyone have an in to get good seats to the IU vs UNC game? Willing to pony up for some good seats

really hoping more tickets make it to the public.  Has there been an announcement date for tickets to be released to the public on this one? 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

really hoping more tickets make it to the public.  Has there been an announcement date for tickets to be released to the public on this one? 

If you mean a release date from IU with public ticket sales there will not be one. All tickets for this game will be sold as part of the season ticket package as is true for all but the mini-series package games. Those games are available because they are not part of the student season ticket packages due to academic year breaks. They are available now as a 5 game package and if the packages don’t sell out single games will be offered up. Season ticket holders get first shot at the packages based on priority points standing.

18 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Anyone have an in to get good seats to the IU vs UNC game? Willing to pony up for some good seats

I suspect that tickets will start popping up more frequently once season ticket holders have tickets “in hand” either electronically or paper. Given that the 1st exhibition game is on October 29th tickets should be arriving by mid-October.

Season ticket holders know the location of their seats now but many are hesitant to post them until they have the ability to transfer them to a buyer.

13 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

If you mean a release date from IU with public ticket sales there will not be one. All tickets for this game will be sold as part of the season ticket package as is true for all but the mini-series package games. Those games are available because they are not part of the student season ticket packages due to academic year breaks. They are available now as a 5 game package and if the packages don’t sell out single games will be offered up. Season ticket holders get first shot at the packages based on priority points standing.

Thanks

On 9/15/2022 at 9:58 AM, eddy4iu said:

Maybe this means the marquee mini-series game next season will be the Kansas game since I assume the fall semester will end on 12/15 (KU game being on 12/16). 

18 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

I suspect that tickets will start popping up more frequently once season ticket holders have tickets “in hand” either electronically or paper. Given that the 1st exhibition game is on October 29th tickets should be arriving by mid-October.

Season ticket holders know the location of their seats now but many are hesitant to post them until they have the ability to transfer them to a buyer.

Update - I just looked at my IU ticket account and it shows a print date of 9/15 for my basketball season tickets. It does NOT show seat location and that seems odd to me. But, if tickets really were printed on 9/15 I suppose they COULD start arriving before mid-October to those who opted for mail delivery.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Maybe this means the marquee mini-series game next season will be the Kansas game since I assume the fall semester will end on 12/15 (KU game being on 12/16). 

While that would be a definite package sweetener I really think that we need our students in town for that one! Seems the IU game at Kansas this year was part of their mini-series package and that IU fans jumped on the packages.

Question for tickets...I was able to buy some reasonable lower level tickets for UNC on Stub Hub! They should be on my account tomorrow. However, it doesn't say what section..it just says lower level row 40 seat 107...any idea where that's at?

12 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Question for tickets...I was able to buy some reasonable lower level tickets for UNC on Stub Hub! They should be on my account tomorrow. However, it doesn't say what section..it just says lower level row 40 seat 107...any idea where that's at?

All I can say is that it seems very odd to me that you don’t have a section number. Maybe check again? If your seats are in either of Sections A, G, F or M you are against the wall. Any other sections the seats numbered 100+ are away from the aisle of the section. Row 40 is under the balcony regardless of section.

I am curious - what is “reasonable?”

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

It says this: 

Quantity
Section
Lower
Row
Seats

See my edit to post above.

That seat location leaves things pretty wide open and is not typical of Stubhub. What did it say about ticket delivery?

8 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

All I can say is that it seems very odd to me that you don’t have a section number. Maybe check again? If your seats are in either of Sections A, G, F or M you are against the wall. Any other sections the seats numbered 100+ are away from the aisle of the section. Row 40 is under the balcony regardless of section.

I am curious - what is “reasonable?”

$180