Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

50 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On the move again.  When we offered 2 years ago he had attended Orlando Christian Prep, but transferred to Sunrise Christian for the 22-23 season.  Last year he was at Overtime Elite and now moving to DME Academy.  

image.png

I don’t love the mercenary element here, but that kid needed to get away from OTE. That style of play and “development” was doing him no good at all. It encourages the exact stuff he needs to be coached out of.

Couldn't agree more. 

DME took a second to register. Dan Panaggio, former assistant coach at IU briefly and everywhere else. He's the co-founder of DME. They've been around 10 years maybe, down in Florida. They're a second tier basketball factory. I don't get the move. There are some shady characters out there hanging on as career guys and Panaggio is the poster child. Everywhere something goes wrong he's there. 

I'd take a hard pass on this one. 

I mean we have to love this. But it’s interesting to me. Rice and Carlyle project to be back. It seems Brown would be a 1, in Rices spot. Mullins projects as a 2-3. And Haralson as a 1-3?  Can’t fully grasp the plan yet besides trying to accumulate great talent. 

There's a world where both Carlyle and Rice are drafted next year. Personally, I think with Rice it's a real possibility. I think the team is recruiting through the tape. You never know what will happen in the Spring. I believe this guy has his own Adidas deal. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I mean we have to love this. But it’s interesting to me. Rice and Carlyle project to be back. It seems Brown would be a 1, in Rices spot. Mullins projects as a 2-3. And Haralson as a 1-3?  Can’t fully grasp the plan yet besides trying to accumulate great talent. 

I look at it this way, Galloway is gone next year and so is Mgbako unless he just absolutely bombs. Truthfully that’s somewhere between 50-55 mpg (and a starting spot) that just became available to split between Haralson and Mullins. If you potentially add someone like Mikel Brown and can’t find minutes for him, well that’s a good problem to have. Means you’re absolutely loaded in the backcourt.

1 hour ago, BA47591 said:

There's a world where both Carlyle and Rice are drafted next year. Personally, I think with Rice it's a real possibility. I think the team is recruiting through the tape. You never know what will happen in the Spring. I believe this guy has his own Adidas deal. 

I think Carlyle has a much higher NBA ceiling than Rice given his ability as a true scorer to go along with being younger and less questions about health. Rice would have to play at an AA level next year to get drafted in my opinion. If Carlyle can an effective scorer with consistent range beyond the 3 point line, he’ll absolutely test the waters. I think Carlyle has the most volatile role on the team next year.

I look at it this way, Galloway is gone next year and so is Mgbako unless he just absolutely bombs. Truthfully that’s somewhere between 50-55 mpg (and a starting spot) that just became available to split between Haralson and Mullins. If you potentially add someone like Mikel Brown and can’t find minutes for him, well that’s a good problem to have. Means you’re absolutely loaded in the backcourt.

Not the full story though. B. Tucker likely takes over Mgbako’s minutes in my estimation.

I see space for 2 of the 3 without a doubt.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not the full story though. B. Tucker likely takes over Mgbako’s minutes in my estimation.

I see space for 2 of the 3 without a doubt.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Haralson isn’t coming here to play off the bench. That I do know. Now if one of Carlyle or Rice leaves Tucker could find his way into the starting lineup, but if Rice, Carlyle, and Haralson are all on the roster at this time next year, that’s your starting back court unless one of them is injured.

On 8/27/2024 at 2:16 PM, Demo said:

Visiting the weekend of 9/13-15, per Rabby.

In the lead up to his OV the staff is visiting Brown either Wednesday or Thursday, per Schumann. I could be completely full of it, but I get the feeling that other than maybe Haralson this may be the kid Woody actually wants the most. By his standards he’s put a ton of his personal time into Brown. Watched him at least 4 times in the last 2 summers. I believe he watched his Friday OTE game during ASG weekend. In a couple of interviews Brown hasn’t talked about talking to any Assistants. He talks about talking to Woody. He feels very invested here in a way that’s not usually the deal. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

He’ll be going to an adidas school. He posts for them quite often 

Correct. He has an NIL deal with Adidas.