Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

B1G Standings Predictions for 2022/2023

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

1. Indiana 

2. Ohio State 

3. Purdue 

4. Michigan 

5. Iowa 

6. Michigan State 

7. Rutgers 

8. Illinois 

9. Maryland 

10. Wisconsin 

11. Penn State 

12. Northwestern 

13. Nebraska 

14. Minnesota 

Kinda thinking that Purdoo won’t do as well as their last year’s ‘best team ever’.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Kinda thinking that Purdoo won’t do as well as their last year’s ‘best team ever’.

Maybe not. Beyond their recent pickup of Jenkins, they're kinda thin in the backcourt. 

But Edey is a proven frontcourt scorer, and Furst, Gillis, Morton (although I've seen talk of him playing the point), and Kaufman-Renn will be a pretty good frontcourt rotation. 

And though I intensely despise the Boilers, I think Painter is one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the league. 

And I think the league will be a bit down this year. 

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe not. Beyond their recent pickup of Jenkins, they're kinda thin in the backcourt. 

But Edey is a proven frontcourt scorer, and Furst, Gillis, Morton (although I've seen talk of him playing the point), and Kaufman-Renn will be a pretty good frontcourt rotation. 

And though I intensely despise the Boilers, I think Painter is one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the league. 

How many minutes is Edey going to be able to play is the big question mark I have for their front court 

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many minutes is Eden going to be able to play is the big question mark I have for their front court 

He played 19 mpg last year, but he also had Trevion Williams to spell him. I'd expect that number to go up... I don't think 25 mpg is unreasonable for him...

Edey is pretty much unstoppable if he gets it within 7 feet of the basket. The Boilers have to find more offense somewhere, but they're not the only Big 10 team in that situation... 

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Answer: 20-25.

That’s what I was thinking. I feel like you put in defensive line up to keep him from going off.  Then he goes to the bench you put in a scoring lineup. Maybe that’s too simplistic but just my feeling 

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Answer: 20-25.

I was shocked PU never really tried a Hillis/Furst/three guards look last year to see if it would shore up the defense. Obviously it has some flaws — not a good plan against Kofi or Dickinson, for example — but part of their problem on defense was the C tandem could be exploited if you got them switched onto guards.

I know they have some big project backup C as usual but I doubt he’ll be ready for the full backup role. So I wonder if we’ll see something like that this year in spurts.

1) IU 

2) Illinois

3) Michigan

4) Ohio State

5) Wisconsin

6) Michigan State

7) Rutgers

8) Purdue

9) Maryland

10) Iowa

11) Minnesota

12) Northwestern

13) Penn State

14) Nebraska

Illinois has a much much easier schedule than IU but me thinks IU is by far the best team in the B1G at this moment. I think they both split the B1G regular season title but IU gets the top seed. I really don't think Michigan is the 3rd best team in the B1G but they have a much easier schedule than the rest of the teams. Wisconsin is WIsconsin.  They'll find a way. Teams 3-7 will be within a game of each other. I think the top 7 teams are NCAA Tournament teams. Purdue is a bubble team that probably gets in. In the B1G Championship give me IU over Illinois. 

On 6/22/2022 at 2:16 PM, IUFLA said:

Purdue replaced:

• Jaden Ivey (NBA Lotto)
  • Sasha Stefanovich (10.7ppg in 37 starts)
  • Trevion Williams (NBA 2nd round)
  • Eric Hunter (6.2 ppg in 19 starts)
  • Isaiah Thompson (4.2 ppg in 20 starts)

With

• William Berg (Composite unranked freshman)
  • Fletcher Loyer (Composite #90 freshman)
  • Braden Smith (Composite #192 freshman)
  • Trey Kaufman (Composite #44 redshirt freshman) 
  • David Jenkins (Transfer who was backup guard on 11-20 Utah)
  • Brian Waddell (Composite unranked freshman)

That's not a good trade-off for the B1G's third place team from last year. 

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Purdue replaced:

• Jaden Ivey (NBA Lotto)

With

• William Berg (Composite unranked freshman)
  • Fletcher Loyer (Composite #90 freshman)
  • Braden Smith (Composite #192 freshman)
  • Trey Kaufman (Composite #44 redshirt freshman) 
  • David Jenkins (Transfer who was backup guard on 11-20 Utah)
  • Brian Waddell (Composite unranked freshman)

That's not a good trade-off for the B1G's third place team from last year. 

I had to look up William Berg because I had never heard of him. 7'2" center. Going to Purdue. I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I had to look up William Berg because I had never heard of him. 7'2" center. Going to Purdue. I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

You know what's also shocking? He, like all their other 7 foot ogres, magically got an inch taller after signing with Purdue. Everything I read about him before he signed said he was 7'1". Now they list him at 7'2". They did the same thing with Haas, Haarms and Edey. All of them gained an inch after they committed. It's like how we used to joke about players' rankings going up after they picked certain schools or dropping if they chose someone else. I'm convinced that Purdue has duped people into believing these numbers, because Purdue and freakishly tall centers have become so synonymous. 

17 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Purdue replaced:

•  Jaden Ivey (NBA Lotto)

I still can’t believe they got beat by some team named the peacocks…lol.  

They’ll be scrappy and we’ll probably still drop one to then .