Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - 02/08/22 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Making the tournament this year/literally just not getting fired going forward, because that’d be quite the win for this program. 

I’m fine with that. Making the tourney was my preseason goal. 

otoh, a week ago we were a projected 7 seed. Missing the tourney would be a bit of a black eye. More so than i originally thought. 

Just now, str8baller said:

otoh, a week ago we were a projected 7 seed. Missing the tourney would be a bit of a black eye. More so than i originally thought. 

Absolutely. No good reason this team should miss the tournament this year from a roster construction or midpoint of the season outlook standpoint. 

Just now, str8baller said:

We’ll know more after these next three games. 

Can’t afford to lose to Maryland and Rugters at home. Those are now must wins. Our remaining road games will be brutal. 

We just simply aren’t good. I don’t know who to blame. Lots of blame to go anywhere. Everyone deserves some.

We get down 6-8 points in a second half. ITS OVER! We have zero offense and shooting to spring a comeback. It’s an incredibly depressing gameplan and roster. Very predictable on offense. Apparently Leal can’t even shoot well. Galloway from 3 is a prayer. Kopp can’t do much of anything. Race tries. Only reason we were even alive is Northwestern was 1-14 from 3 and we still couldn’t spread a lead. North-freaking-western. And heck, I predicted this loss even. Hate being proven correct every season. Want my forecast for next season?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We just simply aren’t good. I don’t know who to blame. Lots of blame to go anywhere. Everyone deserves some.

We get down 6-8 points in a second half. ITS OVER! We have zero offense and shooting to spring a comeback. It’s an incredibly depressing gameplan and roster. Very predictable on offense. Apparently Leal can’t even shoot well. Galloway from 3 is a prayer. Kopp can’t do much of anything. Race tries. Only reason we were even alive is Northwestern was 1-14 from 3 and we still couldn’t spread a lead. North-freaking-western. And heck, I predicted this loss even. Hate being proven correct every season. Want my forecast for next season?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We had 6 players. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

There’s one coaching decision that will bother me a lot if it doesn’t happen after watching this game.

Galloway and Geronimo need to be starting and playing full minutes. They are worlds better than Stewart and Kopp.

Parker and Kopp are in there to stretch the floor. If they’re not contributing, then yes, it’s not good. 

We might as well be grooming Trey and Jordan as much as possible coming up, they should both be starting next year as some of these players move on. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

We’ll know more after these next three games. 

Can’t afford to lose to Maryland and Rugters at home. Those are now must wins. Our remaining road games will be brutal. 

I don't think the next three games are must wins. If we steal one then it'll help. We need to square things up and get those wins against Rutger, Maryland at home and Minny on the road.

Just now, Trish said:

We’ll likely never know but I’m curious how egregious of an offense these guys made for Woodson to sacrifice this team’s tourney hopes for. Can confidently say that there are plenty of coaches that wouldn’t have done that

23 minutes ago, str8baller said:

We match up well with them. And it’s home. It’s literally the game we need to win to be a tourney team (we’re a 9-11 seed now). 

I don’t have confidence we win tho. 

Unless Phinisee comes back full strength, I’m not seeing that. Our only advantage is the crowd and they have been seasoned for that this year. 

Just now, kreigh8 said:

We’ll likely never know but I’m curious how egregious of an offense these guys made for Woodson to sacrifice this team’s tourney hopes for. Can confidently say that there are plenty of coaches that wouldn’t have done that

We have not sacrificed our tourney hopes.