Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I’ve been watching the games... just to sum it up, things got quiet after last Friday from those in the know. It’s possible that was to a) give Stevens time to think or b) distract everyone because a deal was in place or c) we aren’t sure what’s in the Celtics contract so he may have to wait 

Or the reason it's been quiet is because the current candidates are in the tournament or recently bounced (Hoping that means Musselman not Moser). That is the simpler explanation. 

45 minutes ago, goonaha said:

That's my sticking point. If he wasn't willing to quit last week, what is going to change in the next two months until the Celtics are out of the playoffs. There's simply no way we keep the position open that long.

Not sure but the explanation that makes the most sense to me is: some contractual complications to work through AND Boston was about to embark on a week long road trip. Perhaps easier just to lead the team through that and extricate yourself from the contract thereafter.

Just now, iubb said:

I would think as more players enter the transfer portal they would At least be told they are going all in on Stevens so the risk of them bolting is lower right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teenage kids with social media..nope

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Not sure but the explanation that makes the most sense to me is: some contractual complications to work through AND Boston was about to embark on a week long road trip. Perhaps easier just to lead the team through that and extricate yourself from the contract thereafter.

Isn’t Boston about to enter a 3 week grinder against good teams?

6 minutes ago, iubb said:

I would think as more players enter the transfer portal they would At least be told they are going all in on Stevens so the risk of them bolting is lower right?@Chris007

I can’t answer that. I did hear we told Brayden Smith that he’s our number 1 target this summer and we’re 90% sure Brad Stevens will be the next coach. Not sure why would say that so don’t ask.

teenage kids with social media..nope

Depends on how important keeping this quiet is. 

Eh. Say if you blab about in on social media you could blow the whole plan.

That may work? I mean if they really want to play for him that would keep them quiet.