Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

11 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I was actually just thinking how worthless flight tracking will be  this time around.. Every coaching option in D1 basketball will be in Indianapolis in 2 weeks. Even if they aren't a D1 basketball coach, they'll still be able to sneak in unnoticed.

And Glass interviewed Archie in San Francisco to make flight tracking totally worthless

1 minute ago, Josh said:

And Glass interviewed Archie in San Francisco to make flight tracking totally worthless

You guys are really being Debbie Downers today. Maybe some of just like seeing planes takeoff and land. But again you do make a lot of sense. 

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've nearly reached the point I don't care who the next coach is as long as we get one.  Then I can be the first one to start the Fire Coach __________ thread!!

Lol.  This time it won't be me!

Last time I could see that Archie ran a garbage offense with no spacing.  He was the only one I absolutely did not want.  This time I don't have one of those (yet).  Maybe it's because I'm overjoyed to be moving on or maybe it's because I haven't seen a name i hate yet, but I'm just a happy Hoosier fan right now.

Brad Stevens is on vacation this upcoming weekend and week.

Scott is probably packing his bags for multi-day interview! (convincing him to come home to save IU, there is no interview question for brad). 

Go get him, Scott! 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Brad Stevens won't be in Indy in two weeks. We have to fly somewhere to get him

I’m sure Dolson might be tied up with the Purdue game Saturday and other obligations, but could the NBA All-Star Break this weekend provide perfect timing for a pitch?

Lol.  This time it won't be me!
Last time I could see that Archie ran a garbage offense with no spacing.  He was the only one I absolutely did not want.  This time I don't have one of those (yet).  Maybe it's because I'm overjoyed to be moving on or maybe it's because I haven't seen a name i hate yet, but I'm just a happy Hoosier fan right now.
I'm cautiously optimistic we'll be moving on but won't be truly happy until I hear the announcement.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Brad Stevens is on vacation this upcoming weekend and week.

Scott is probably packing his bags for multi-day interview! (convincing him to come home to save IU, there is no interview question for brad). 

Go get him, Scott! 
Lol I do agree there is no interview. Its a sales pitch for Brad.

2 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I’m sure Dolson might be tied up with the Purdue game Saturday and other obligations, but could the NBA All-Star Break this weekend provide perfect timing for a pitch?

I'm wondering if he will be at the Board of Trustees executive meeting tomorrow from 1:30-2. I don't think he will travel to Purdue so has all weekend to do what he needs to do. 

29 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I was actually just thinking how worthless flight tracking will be  this time around.. Every coaching option in D1 basketball will be in Indianapolis in 2 weeks. Even if they aren't a D1 basketball coach, they'll still be able to sneak in unnoticed.

Flight tracking is *always* worthless, but you especially nailed that point. To be a fly on the walls of Indianapolis hotels in a couple weeks...

13 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Lol I do agree there is no interview. Its a sales pitch for Brad.

1 - Be the savior / god of the state of Indiana.

2- Closer to the grandparents

3- Closer to Indy friends

4- More money 

5- Let wife take over the law school

6- free meals everywhere in the town of bloomington

7- Kirkwood ave name changed to Brad Stevens Avenue

8 - I-69 being completed from Bloomington to Indy by 2024 

9 - Let kids grow up in a small town

10 - unlimited budget for iu basketball

Reasons to leave the Celtics 

1 - The Boston Celtics have zero cap flexibility to make roster improvements due to Kemba, Tatum, and Brown contracts. That's not changing for two more years at minimum.

2 - Tatum and Brown will likely seek a trade sooner than later.

3 - Other NBA jobs will open but do you want to coach the Sacremento Kings or Atlanta Hawks? no

4 - you've been there for years and haven't made a finals with no help in sight. it's a wrap

14 hours ago, Treesh said:

You’re too gods work. 

Once it’s official I’m expecting to see both of us at the airport scouting. Board members will fund our wings and beer. 

I'm sitting in a lawn chair at the Bloomington Airport and have a 12 pack of White Claw with me, so far not too much action, OK actually I've been here 35 minutes and I'm already bored AF, but I'll holler if anything changes (Hope it is not during my nap time, I'm a pretty sound sleeper)

3 minutes ago, finky said:

I'm sitting in a lawn chair at the Bloomington Airport and have a 12 pack of White Claw with me, so far not too much action, OK actually I've been here 35 minutes and I'm already bored AF, but I'll holler if anything changes (Hope it is not during my nap time, I'm a pretty sound sleeper)

At least it's a beautiful day, probably should have a small grill with you. Let us know if you need a ride home after the white claws, oh heck nevermind you should be fine

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At least it's a beautiful day, probably should have a small grill with you. Let us know if you need a ride home after the white claws, oh heck nevermind you should be fine

So apparently the "No Trespassing" signs at the Airport weren't just a suggestion....Thanks Bin Laden

The White Claws are going down like water, don't taste quite as good as water though