Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I believe it's more laziness in the portal, than anything else. Laravia can get points on the block, too. 

It’s his system.  McNeeley if Woodson stays will play the three and will be abused offensively and defensively.  He is a college four.  He won’t be able to guard the three and he will not be utilized to his strengths as a three other than standing around like Woodson has done for the most part here.  

7 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Thoughts?

1. Strongly suspect ISP's tweet is spot-on true; I believe ISP has some connection to the Galloway family.
  2. I LOVE Trey Galloway as an Indiana Hoosier. The one guy that we can 100% depend on to leave everything he has on the court every single time he puts on the candy stripes.
  3. Finally, I also strongly suspect that Trey will see the significant changes he hopes to see that would enable him to finish his college career at Indiana. Don't know if that will guarantee he stays, but changes should be a-coming.

Not based on any particular inside information, but for me the writing is clearly on the wall that we will make a change. I started saying it in late January; that it would take a winning streak to save Woody, that barely below .500 for the rest of the year would be a tough call, and that a train wreck of zero or one additional wins would almost certainly ensure we make a change. 

I have see nothing since then to alter my view.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Thoughts?

1. Strongly suspect ISP's tweet is spot-on true; I believe ISP has some connection to the Galloway family.
  2. I LOVE Trey Galloway as an Indiana Hoosier. The one guy that we can 100% depend on to leave everything he has on the court every single time he puts on the candy stripes.
  3. Finally, I also strongly suspect that Trey will see the significant changes he hopes to see that would enable him to finish his college career at Indiana. Don't know if that will guarantee he stays, but changes should be a-coming.

Not based on any particular inside information, but for me the writing is clearly on the wall that we will make a change. I started saying it in late January; that it would take a winning streak to save Woody, that barely below .500 for the rest of the year would be a tough call, and that a train wreck of zero or one additional wins would almost certainly ensure we make a change. 

I have see nothing since then to alter my view.

I think we should vote on a ban for @ISPfor not bringing this info to us first. But let's wait till after the season just in case he gets more info. Then we can see if he brings it to us first or treats us like animals

The ball is in Dolson’s court now. Gallo’s no doubt the first of many to leave.
I am guessing 9 portal spots to fill if they keep woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we should vote on a ban for @ISPfor not bringing this info to us first. But let's wait till after the season just in case he gets more info. Then we can see if he brings it to us first or treats us like animals

He's all but flat-out said it on this board. He took some heat for doing so, but he qualified it and stuck to it.

This has to be something Dolson has a pulse on as well if he's actually considering the trajectory of the program. I believe it was posted not long ago where of all the teams that had 7+ additions via the transfer portal exactly none of them were projected in the tourney field (at least at that time). Among so many other things, he's already seen that we don't play modern basketball. He has to see the hesitancy with 2025 recruits, and if he knows that a larger roster overhaul is coming, he can't allow it go on. If he does, he's directly contradicting the logic he used in moving on from Tom Allen.

I can see it now ... 

Next year (assuming no move is made on CMW), after we hit a rough patch ... 

"We really thought Trey was coming back for a fifth year. We were blindsighted by his decision to transfer. You lose a solid, experienced guard like that -- it's almost like starting over. That's left us with a really young group and I'm trying like heck to get them over the hump ... " 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Think about this---- Jake Laravia (Lawerence Central grad) was in the portal after his SO year at IN ST 12p 6r--- doesn't seem like we made a run at him.............. he goes to Wake-- avgs 15p 7r 4a 6'9 230lbs.... if we regulate Race to the bench, who cares if he transfers, and pair Jake with TJD.... what could have been. smh  

It's crazy how much under the radar talent was in state just from the 2016-20 classes.  Desmond Bane, Jake Laravia, and Craig Porter Jr are all active roster NBA players, not to mention Sean East and others still in college I'm likely forgetting.  Could probably also throw Nijel Pack in as he wasn't offered by IU, PU, or ND despite being a 4-star.

20 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Haha! If I miss a day on this forum, it becomes a bit daunting to come back because then I feel like I need to read every post just to catch up. 

I'll see the person who passed this info on to me tomorrow. I should be able to get some further context or clarification, if there is any.. 

I can see it now ... 

Next year (assuming no move is made on CMW), after we hit a rough patch ... 

"We really thought Trey was coming back for a fifth year. We were blindsighted by his decision to transfer. You lose a solid, experienced guard like that -- it's almost like starting over. That's left us with a really young group and I'm trying like heck to get them over the hump ... " 
Yep another year another excuse

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk