Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Hearing Schertz is the early favorite for the St. Louis job? Not a complete lateral move but that seems underwhelming if true. Should free up some ISU players I’d think.

Yeah, I’d almost be inclined to hold on in Terre Haute for another year rather than make that move. Maybe the money’s significantly better? Think Schertz is currently making about $365,000 fwiw.

6 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

Yeah, I’d almost be inclined to hold on in Terre Haute for another year rather than make that move. Maybe the money’s significantly better? Think Schertz is currently making about $365,000 fwiw.

ISU is shooting for about 800k on an extension (Ford was making over $2.3mil at SLU) and pulling in every penny they can find for NIL. I’ve heard Avila is close to 100k and a vehicle, but not sure about others. Personally, I think Conwell is the Guy on that team and he’s going to have a bunch of suitors.

Demo broke the SLU job down for me last week and again in the CBB thread and that’s going to be tough to turn down, based on what he’s described. Especially when Schertz could bring most/all of his starting 5 with him, get them paid, and have room for some portal action. 

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

ISU is shooting for about 800k on an extension (Ford was making over $2.3mil at SLU) and pulling in every penny they can find for NIL. I’ve heard Avila is close to 100k and a vehicle, but not sure about others. Personally, I think Conwell is the Guy on that team and he’s going to have a bunch of suitors.

Demo broke the SLU job down for me last week and again in the CBB thread and that’s going to be tough to turn down, based on what he’s described. Especially when Schertz could bring most/all of his starting 5 with him, get them paid, and have room for some portal action. 

Would Matt Graves take over for Schertz at ISU if Josh left? I was hoping Woody might consider adding Matt to his staff, but maybe it’ll be someone like Wittman instead. More “NBA lite” stuff, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

Would Matt Graves take over for Schertz at ISU if Josh left? I was hoping Woody might consider adding Matt to his staff, but maybe it’ll be someone like Wittman instead. More “NBA lite” stuff, I suppose.

Not sure there. Seems like Graves has been connected to IUPUI, but he’d certainly rather get ISU one would think. The issue at ISU continues to be that (assuming Schertz leaves) they’ll somehow be making that hire with neither a president nor an AD, so on one hand it might make sense to promote a guy on staff for the school, but on the other hand, does a guy on staff want to deal with that mess?

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

There is definitely a possibility that Indiana State had their best season since Larry Bird and will still miss the tournament.  It's hard to move up above a St. Louis level job without ever being in an NCAA tournament.

Portal season hasn't officially opened but it's been reported we've been in contact with Penn's Clark Slajchert.  In contact could be nothing more than hey Clark how was your breakfast this morning.  Does the fact that Trevor Andershock and Mike Schumann have both put out stories on Clark mean we're interested in more than what he had for breakfast?  I have no idea but Trevor expresses some reservations about his Ivy League game translating to B1G.  Maybe the basic question for our portal season is are we going to shop at Macy's or at Dollar Tree?

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/longformarticle/indiana-hoosiers-basketball-transfer-target-pennsylvania-guard-clark-slajchert-228591575/#2384704

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-transfer-portal-names-to-know-penns-clark-slajchert/?fbclid=IwAR2bzbOjgoEerQlj-v_vM7gKtP0LBVuhs5zynnr_rVVfI9pMxozCCSSFXNg

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Portal season hasn't officially opened but it's been reported we've been in contact with Penn's Clark Slajchert.  In contact could be nothing more than hey Clark how was your breakfast this morning.  Does the fact that Trevor Andershock and Mike Schumann have both put out stories on Clark mean we're interested in more than what he had for breakfast?  I have no idea but Trevor expresses some reservations about his Ivy League game translating to B1G.  Maybe the basic question for our portal season is are we going to shop at Macy's or at Dollar Tree?

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/longformarticle/indiana-hoosiers-basketball-transfer-target-pennsylvania-guard-clark-slajchert-228591575/#2384704

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-transfer-portal-names-to-know-penns-clark-slajchert/?fbclid=IwAR2bzbOjgoEerQlj-v_vM7gKtP0LBVuhs5zynnr_rVVfI9pMxozCCSSFXNg

"Hey Clark, it's Mike Woodson I'm kind of a big deal. Anyway Kent, how do you like feeding the post?"

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I have this horrible feeling we are going to try shopping at Macy's and when we don't get what we want we will then go overpay at Dollar Tree.  

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

When I saw him play at Princeton, he had 10 points. He was 4-11 from the field, 3 assists and 3 TOs in 36 min of play. 

Now, Princeton are no slouches but I would say concerns about his game translating to the B10 are very legitimate. They play the game at a different speed, and Clark is not particularly fast at that level. At 6'1, I think if we're retaining Cupps he's a far better option. 

Fingers crossed we land some big fish.

Pepperdine junior Michael Ajayi plans to enter the transfer portal, he tells @On3sports. The 6-7 G/F averaged 17.2 points and 9.9 rebounds per game this season. Shot 47% from three.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-ajayi-1.html

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

When I saw him play at Princeton, he had 10 points. He was 4-11 from the field, 3 assists and 3 TOs in 36 min of play. 

Now, Princeton are no slouches but I would say concerns about his game translating to the B10 are very legitimate. They play the game at a different speed, and Clark is not particularly fast at that level. At 6'1, I think if we're retaining Cupps he's a far better option. 

Fingers crossed we land some big fish.

That is what I saw from a little tape I watched. He can definitely shoot but he lacks the athleticism to do too much in the Big Ten in my opinion.  Ant Wright put a a video breakdown of him and mentioned against P5 schools he had like 7 assists and 17 TOs...I hope we stay away from him, unless he is going to be like our 10th guy....

1 minute ago, Gnet550 said:

That is what I saw from a little tape I watched. He can definitely shoot but he lacks the athleticism to do too much in the Big Ten in my opinion.  Ant Wright put a a video breakdown of him and mentioned against P5 schools he had like 7 assists and 17 TOs...I hope we stay away from him, unless he is going to be like our 10th guy....

Could be Dollar Tree's bargain of the week.

22 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

2028166542_Screenshot2024-03-14at12_01_03PM.thumb.png.52168e7046ecf1e44a468cf89c1ecd7a.png

Per Trilly, he is portaling. From South Bend. Haven't seem him play much yet but the stats certainly look interesting!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/javon-small-1.html

stat line playing in the best conference in the country is pretty compelling.