Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

I was listening to B1G Today on SiriusXM 372 about 15 minutes ago.
They had Osterman on there. I don't always agree with him, but I do with what he said.
He said although there is plenty of criticism with Archie, the problem goes deeper than just Archie. He believes the culture has been eroded through 5 coaches. He also believes there has been no decision made yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I was listening to B1G Today on SiriusXM 372 about 15 minutes ago.
They had Osterman on there. I don't always agree with him, but I do with what he said.
He said although there is plenty of criticism with Archie, the problem goes deeper than just Archie. He believes the culture has been eroded through 5 coaches. He also believes there has been no decision made yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

While I understand that no decision been made yet, I believe that the Chan of Archie Miller as IU coach next year are very small.

While I understand that no decision been made yet, I believe that the Chan of Archie Miller as IU coach next year are very small.

Hearing something??

I know a poster on another board is claiming that barring a BIG tourney run, it’s over

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Hearing something??

I know a poster on another board is claiming that barring a BIG tourney run, it’s over

Is it IUgradman?

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Lol with our luck this would be the year it happens

Should say BIG as in big ten sorry

If it gets us in the tourney, I would be fine with that!  We can fire him next year then!  I'm just sick that our state is hosting and we aren't representing!  Can't come back from that!

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

No. It is actually a poster who has connections. But obviously take it with a grain of salt, just he said it around the same time Stu said Archie wouldn’t be back most likely.

If the last games pan out like they always have under Archie here, I believe he is done as well.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

No. It is actually a poster who has connections. But obviously take it with a grain of salt, just he said it around the same time Stu said Archie wouldn’t be back most likely.

Just messing, I was lurking on another board and saw he was there. What a blast from the past, lol. I feel like they really didn’t want to fire him after this season but our finish is leaving them with little choice.

You don't have to be a insider to say barring a big tournament run archie is gone. The team is lost the recruiting is gone and our results last 4 years are insanely pathetic. We fired crean with glass saying iu isn't about big ten championships and sweet 16 its about national titles. To keep archie after this season would be the biggest joke yet. He is gone time to find a new leader.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You don't have to be a insider to say barring a big tournament run archie is gone. The team is lost the recruiting is gone and our results last 4 years are insanely pathetic. We fired crean with glass saying iu isn't about big ten championships and sweet 16 its about national titles. To keep archie after this season would be the biggest joke yet. He is gone time to find a new leader.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You don’t have to be an insider to know he SHOULD be gone.

None of us actually know whether he will be.

Was just thinking about 1 of those butterfly effect sorts of things: Miller not having the space available to have the option take McKinley Wright 4 years ago, a loss no one cared about at all at the time, is about to cost him his job. And it absolutely is. Wright’s a terrific college PG. tough kid, leader, takes and makes big shots. He would have been such an upgrade over Phinisee over the last 3 years that I’m completely confident that, while he may well still be viewed as a disappointment at this point, the program would have had enough additional success that Miller wouldn’t be going anywhere. That’s how fine the line is.

Just something I was thinking about.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Was just thinking about 1 of those butterfly effect sorts of things: Miller not having the space available to have the option take McKinley Wright 4 years ago, a loss no one cared about at all at the time, is about to cost him his job. And it absolutely is. Wright’s a terrific college PG. tough kid, leader, takes and makes big shots. He would have been such an upgrade over Phinisee over the last 3 years that I’m completely confident that, while he may well still be viewed as a disappointment at this point, the program would have had enough additional success that Miller wouldn’t be going anywhere. That’s how fine the line is.

Just something I was thinking about.

Definitely a fine line.   Depending on how this year ends he is basically 3 or 4 games away and a global pandemic from making the tournament in 3 of his first 4  years.  Nothing special and they would be low seeds but they would be in.   That’s the margin from probably getting a few more years to basically losing the fan base in year 4.   Not saying the fan base  would be happy with 9-11 seeds but they would be watched their team in the tourney.