Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

What Does IU Need to Do to Get in the NCAAs?

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Correction--Chris Beard already makes $4.575 million annually at Texas Tech.

So it would be a $3 million buyout and $6 million annually.

AND, Chris Beard is divorced with three kids living near Lubbock. And his longtime girlfriend is born and raised in Lubbock, Texas.

The real world often gets in the way of fans pipe dreams and expectations.

Sometimes you want to get really far away from your ex. Like several states away. What the commercial? Wanna getaway? Southwest maybe. Stop with all your facts and real-life drama. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Sometimes you want to get really far away from your ex. Like several states away. What the commercial? Wanna getaway? Southwest maybe. Stop with all your facts and real-life drama. 

A little quick on-line research: Chris and his longtime girlfriend have been co-parenting with his ex for many years. He's a dedicated dad that ain't leaving Texas.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

On the topic of discussion, I have Indiana in with 1 more win. 

The most accurate Bracketology website, Bracketville, has Indiana in as a #9 seed. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

I think we're dancing folks. 

One more win puts us at 13-14 overall if the we go 1-3 in conference and 0-1 in the B1G tourney. No way no way no way--that's a serious long shot.

One more wins puts us at 13-15 if we went 0-4 in conference and 1-1 in the B1G tourney. That's quite literally a zero % chance.

Two more wins? That's either

• 2-3 if it's two wins in conference and 0-1 in the B1G Tourney, for 14-13, or
  • 2-4 if it's 1-3 in conference and 1-1 in the B1G tourney for 14-14. 

I'm pretty sure we're in at 14-13, and thinking we're a 50/50 shot at 14-14.

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

On the topic of discussion, I have Indiana in with 1 more win. 

The most accurate Bracketology website, Bracketville, has Indiana in as a #9 seed. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

I think we're dancing folks. 

This was last updated on Saturday morning, before we took a quad 3 loss. We will undoubtedly drop in this projection, but likely still in the field as of today. Winning 1 more game will leave us at 13-14, 8-11 in conference (unless our one win is our first BTT game, in which case we'd be 7-12 in conference). I don't think we are dancing in that case. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

One more win means 1-4 going forward, putting us at 13-14 overall. No way no way no way.

Two more wins? That's either

• 2-3 if it's two wins in conference and 0-1 in the B1G Tourney, for 14-13, or
  • 2-4 if it's 1-3 in conference and 1-1 in the B1G tourney for 14-14. 

I'm pretty sure we're in at 14-13, and thinking we're a 50/50 shot at 14-14.

That makes sense. Our remaining schedule is very difficult. If we don't make it with two more wins with our regular season schedule then we got screwed. Thank god we play on the road vs Rutgers, we might have a shot. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/s-curve/

They also have us a the 33 line FWIW

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

yes, you are correct about that. Also, Scott has a long list of people he can call. Have to remember he was the president of the Alumni association and the foundation I believe. 

To this point main boosters haven’t gotten the testing the land call yet.  If it matters.  With Crean that was a revolving convo for about 2 years prior to his exit.  If we lose out no way he is back imo.  No way the boosters that matter would stand for that.  I would be willing to bet a second Purdue loss this season where we look totally inept would mean as much if not more than missing the tournament this season.  

Edit:  Sorry wrong thread.  I think we have to win 1 in the regular season and 1 in BTT to be sure.  I don’t think it happens, but we are playing on the road some...

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

To this point main boosters haven’t gotten the testing the land call yet.  If it matters.  With Crean that was a revolving convo for about 2 years prior to his exit.  If we lose out no way he is back imo.  No way the boosters that matter would stand for that.  I would be willing to bet a second Purdue loss this season where we look totally inept would mean as much if not more than missing the tournament this season.  

I know for sure that calls are being made asking boosters who they would want as the next coach. Or when people call Scott to complain he asks them who they want.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I know for sure that calls are being made asking boosters who they would want as the next coach. Or when people call Scott to complain he asks them who they want.

Oh gotcha, I was speaking on the buyout end of it.  That’s my fault.  I could see what you are saying.  Aren’t those convos normal occurrences since Knight left?  Everyone always has an eye on what’s coming up?  The way I always understood it those convos aren’t too dis-similar from what we see on here.

I have a question about contracts in this area:

Let's say the AD will wait until next year to make a change due to the buyout (which I believe is likely).  It's stated that the buyout decreases after 3/31/2022.  Does that mean Dolson can't hire a replacement until April 2022? Or can a contract be made with a new coach but not officially fire CAM for a couple of weeks?  

The suggestion that Cuban is done giving money to IU athletics wouldn't surprise me.  He's never struck me as being financially passionate about it (despite it being the a big reason for his wealth).  But, it's his money.

4 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Let's say the AD will wait until next year to make a change due to the buyout (which I believe is likely).  It's stated that the buyout decreases after 3/31/2022.  Does that mean Dolson can't hire a replacement until April 2022? Or can a contract be made with a new coach but not officially fire CAM for a couple of weeks?  

The suggestion that Cuban is done giving money to IU athletics wouldn't surprise me.  He's never struck me as being financially passionate about it (despite it being the a big reason for his wealth).  But, it's his money.

It’s all based on when Archie is fired.

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

March 31 is a Thursday in 2022. Final Four is April 2nd. So not that big of a deal, could fire Archie on Friday, and interview candidates on final four weekend in New Orleans. 

3 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Yeah that's a good question.

I imagine Archie would be fired and or leave on his own prior to April next year just for political reasons. If we fired him April 2nd then it's going to be evident we waited for his buy-out to shrink. I'm not a lawyer by any means but I think it would be negotiable with the date being that close or maybe paperwork isn't formalized until April 1st but he's relieved of his duties in mid - late March. 

I think we saw the same situation with CTC. Fired before his April buy-out shrinkage. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I know the general sentiment is that he will be back regardless. If we miss the NCAA tournament when it’s being held in our state and even in our own arena, I think he’s gone. I think that will piss off enough rich donors to pull the plug. We have four games left in the regular season. Three of them are winnable games. We suffer another embarrassing loss to Purdue and then miss the tournament and I bet he’s gone.

If IU seriously misses the tournament with it being in the state of Indiana, Archie has to go. That would be embarrassing beyond comprehension

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

That makes sense. Our remaining schedule is very difficult. If we don't make it with two more wins with our regular season schedule then we got screwed. Thank god we play on the road vs Rutgers, we might have a shot. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/s-curve/

They also have us a the 33 line FWIW

It's been updated, and we are now #43, last 4 in. So no chance just winning 1 more game keeps us there. The only possible scenario it does is if the 1 win is Michigan, MSU goes on a run and becomes a quad 2 team, Maryland remains a quad 1 win and Stanford finishes strong and becomes a quad 1 win. I think that would make 5 quad 1 wins. It's a maybe at that point. We need to just win at least 2 more. 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

It's been updated, and we are now #43, last 4 in. So no chance just winning 1 more game keeps us there. The only possible scenario it does is if the 1 win is Michigan, MSU goes on a run and becomes a quad 2 team, Maryland remains a quad 1 win and Stanford finishes strong and becomes a quad 1 win. I think that would make 5 quad 1 wins. It's a maybe at that point. We need to just win at least 2 more. 

Count on Tom Izzo teams come March. They'll come through!

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Count on Tom Izzo teams come March. They'll come through!

They are only 6 spots from being a quad 2 team. Their remaining schedule is brutal besides that one home game against the listless Indiana Hoosiers :-(. If they do go on a run, they'll definitely be a quad 2 team. Stanford has been hovering in the high 50s for a while. They probably need a run in the Pac12 tourney to jump above 50.