Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/23/20 @ 8:30 ET on BTN

B1G opener at home vs Northwestern (4-1) (1-0) .  The Wildcats are coming off a 79-65 win over #4 Michigan State in Evanston in its Big Ten opener.  The Wildcats lead the conference in 3's while shooting 43.5% from deep.   

Currently we are an 8.5-point favorite; o/u 136.5.  Pomeroy puts it at 7 & gives the Hoosiers a 74% chance of victory in their B1G opener.  Brandon Gaudin and Jess Settles will have the BTN broadcast.

Radio - Tunin.com

Radio WHCC105

Live Stats

Background on Northwestern

51 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Get out on shooters.  1-5 they look to shoot from everywhere.  TJD will have his hands full with the wiry Nance.  Hope he comes ready.

I dunno about Nance. Highly ranked recruit that's been a hot mess for two years, but he had 15 and 12 against MSU and is shooting it well from deep so far this year.

One thing I'm pretty sure of: Phin and Armaan won't be letting Boo Buie go five for six from 3pt like he did against MSU. Buie was 28% from 3pt last year and 36% from 3pt in five cupcake games this year before he lit up MSU.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I dunno about Nance. Highly ranked recruit that's been a hot mess for two years, but he had 15 and 12 against MSU and is shooting it well from deep so far this year.

One thing I'm pretty sure of: Phin and Armaan won't be letting Boo Buie go five for six from 3pt like he did against MSU. Buie was 28% from 3pt last year and 36% from 3pt in five cupcake games this year before he lit up MSU.

Right.  I imagine Armaan will be on Buie.  I hope we extend the pack line out as this team doesn’t seem to drive to shoot.  More drive to kick.  Nance is a lot like TJD in that it matters how much energy he plays with.  Whoever plays softest their team is in trouble.  Northwestern can’t afford for Nance to be soft.  Offensively, if we limit turnovers, we will be fine.  Defensively if we bring energy and help on the long rebounds, we win going away.

I see this going down to the wire. Northwestern shoots the 3 ball at a good rate. IU does the opposite

Has NW faced a defense like IU though? I feel pretty confident if we can defend the three and rebound well. I don’t think they stop TJD down low and hopefully the guards continue to attack the lane.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I see this going down to the wire. Northwestern shoots the 3 ball at a good rate. IU does the opposite

Agreed.  If this comes down to a shoot out, we are in some serious shiite.  We need to show the grit and determination for 40 minutes tonight.  This is not the time to pass an egg through our a$$.

3 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

Agreed.  If this comes down to a shoot out, we are in some serious shiite.  We need to show the grit and determination for 40 minutes tonight.  This is not the time to pass an egg through our a$$.

No game is going to be easy for IU