Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Leadership

The great teams have great leadership on the court.

For IU? Quinn, Yogi, Cody, Alford, Guyton, Wittman, Grunwald, Crews, Schlundt, Rayl, Lewis, Jeffries, Cheaney, and on and on.

For next year we have enough talent AND enough leadership to be pretty darn good:

Brunk, Durham, a young Leal, and most definitely ... a young fella who will go down as a great Hoosier player AND a great Hoosier leader:

Trayce Jackson Davis.

The great teams have great leadership on the court. For IU? Quinn, Yogi, Cody, Alford, Guyton, Wittman, Grunwald, Crews, Schlundt, Rayl, Lewis, Jeffries, Cheaney, and on and on.

For next year we have enough talent AND enough leadership to be pretty darn good:

Brunk, Durham, a young Leal, and most definitely ... a young fella who will go down as a great Hoosier player AND a great Hoosier leader:

Trayce Jackson Davis.

TJD needs to take over as a leader next year. He leads by example but I want to see a guy that has no problem laying into teammates when they aren’t giving it their all, pulling guys into huddles, leading timeouts 

We haven’t had a coach on the floor since Yogi

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I said this when IU got him, but I just feel that TJD is going to end up as one of the All-Time greats at IU. Especially with the ones recently (Jeffries, Gordon, White, Zeller, Oladipo, Yogi).I remember Crean saying something before Cody's 2nd and final year at IU. It was something like "Enjoy him while you can." Same for Trayce. If Garza goes pro, he becomes the front runner for Big Ten POY. The key for this team is getting some more help around him. If IU can get another player to play at an All-Big Ten level (in order of most likely: Smith, Phinisee, Lander), this team can most certainly contend for the conference and make a deep run. 

Next season's leader is going to be Brunk.  It's in his DNA and it's in his work ethic.  He'll be the vocal leader.  Others (Durham, Phinisee, TJD) have leadership qualities, but they'll lead more by example.   A team only needs one vocal guy and a bunch of others who work hard and lead with their actions.   Indiana has all of that next season and I don't know that I see a weak link, to be honest.

Next season's leader is going to be Brunk.  It's in his DNA and it's in his work ethic.  He'll be the vocal leader.  Others (Durham, Phinisee, TJD) have leadership qualities, but they'll lead more by example.   A team only needs one vocal guy and a bunch of others who work hard and lead with their actions.   Indiana has all of that next season and I don't know that I see a weak link, to be honest.

Well we need it to be TJD. Brunk will be spending a lot more time on the bench next season and we need someone who would be on the floor for 30+ to step up.

Well we need it to be TJD. Brunk will be spending a lot more time on the bench next season and we need someone who would be on the floor for 30+ to step up.

Agree. Brunk can lead in practice and stuff but if he is out there getting starter minutes alongside TJD next year our ceiling is limited