Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

1 hour ago, HoosierSnowDogs said:

Y'all, I literally signed up for an account to ask -- is everyone here a man? Because, without exception, every woman I know interpreted Teri Moren's "Shar's got some things going on" as either mental health issues or pregnancy. And we are all incredibly pleased that it's the latter explanation. (Such a cute baby!)

You're god damn right I am.  

I don't really look into anything when a coach states something like that. The details, whatever they may be, aren't relevant, imo.

Trying to guess "the issue" isn't our jobs.

46 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

You're god damn right I am.  

I don't really look into anything when a coach states something like that. The details, whatever they may be, aren't relevant, imo.

Trying to guess "the issue" isn't our jobs.

That's not very sunshiny.... Lol, just giving you crap!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

No. Definitely not.

Welcome to the board!

Awesome! In that case, I really am super-surprised that no one guessed, months ago, that Currie-Jelks might not be playing because of a pregnancy. In any event, it's all good; the baby seems very much loved, and she's already being dressed in IU gear!

7 minutes ago, HoosierSnowDogs said:

Awesome! In that case, I really am super-surprised that no one guessed, months ago, that Currie-Jelks might not be playing because of a pregnancy. In any event, it's all good; the baby seems very much loved, and she's already being dressed in IU gear!

There wasn't much speculation, which is surprising because that's kinda what message boards do.

No one reported a physical injury, so I think people generally assumed it was a mental health issue. This is a really good group of Hoosier fans, and I think the lack of speculation was in real part because good people don't like to "diagnose" when they believe there could be mental health issues. When it's an ankle sprain there is a whole bunch of 'what-if-ing'. 

In any event, glad to hear that she was out of commission for a happy reason; hoping that SCJ can contribute to the on-court success this year, especially since there will be a big hole to fill on the front line without Holmes.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

There wasn't much speculation, which is surprising because that's kinda what message boards do.

No one reported a physical injury, so I think people generally assumed it was a mental health issue. This is a really good group of Hoosier fans, and I think the lack of speculation was in real part because good people don't like to "diagnose" when they believe there could be mental health issues. When it's an ankle sprain there is a whole bunch of 'what-if-ing'. 

In any event, glad to hear that she was out of commission for a happy reason; hoping that SCJ can contribute to the on-court success this year, especially since there will be a big hole to fill on the front line without Holmes.

And awesome addition to the Hoosier family! 

Mexico Ladies 18

USA Ladies.      93.

End of 3rd quarter 

Fan attendance:  approximately 10 in a 3,000 seat gym (maybe)

not sure why playing these levels of games competitions.  Maybe, there should be a game tournament of lower level teams to qualify to play the higher level teams.

Final:  Mexico Ladies 20.      USA Ladies 115

USA Ladies 125   Dominican Republic 27

USA Ladies will be tested/have to play well

vs Canada.

maybe, vs Argentina

USA Ladies.   109.         Agentina.   32

Just a little food for thought….

Wander if Jasmine Davidson and T. Moren could develop a relationship to have IU Ladies included?

So who is now going to be in charge of IU Ladies strength and conditioning with Kevin Konopasek going to KY and why?

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Would love some insight into this. I assume it’s about money but who knows. 

I did notice at IU he was in charge of women basketball and men and women swimmers…. where at KY he is listed as Director of strength and conditioning for KY Ladies basketball only.