Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2020 April Evaluation Period

Although not yet officially canceled, the April evaluation period very likely will not happen.  Article from Matt Norlander discusses the ripple effects on recruiting.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/coronavirus-fallout-college-basketball-coaches-bracing-for-the-big-changes-coming-in-recruiting/

Although not yet officially canceled, the April evaluation period very likely will not happen.  Article from Matt Norlander discusses the ripple effects on recruiting.  
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/coronavirus-fallout-college-basketball-coaches-bracing-for-the-big-changes-coming-in-recruiting/

Schools that have put in work early with recruits will have an advantage. Luckily IU has been early on most of their top targets. Where this will hurt IU is with instances where a visit needs to happen to further build a relationship. Duncomb seems to want to end his recruitment sooner rather then later and if he is unable to visit IU for an official that will be a negative. He has already officially visited Xavier and Ohio St. if he is unable to visit will he decide without an official visit to IU or will he hold out until he is able to visit. Interesting times in the recruiting world

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Schools that have put in work early with recruits will have an advantage. Luckily IU has been early on most of their top targets. Where this will hurt IU is with instances where a visit needs to happen to further build a relationship. Duncomb seems to want to end his recruitment sooner rather then later and if he is unable to visit IU for an official that will be a negative. He has already officially visited Xavier and Ohio St. if he is unable to visit will he decide without an official visit to IU or will he hold out until he is able to visit. Interesting times in the recruiting world

At least he has been on campus twice I believe.

Here's your Friday night stats for the opening night of AAU play.   :103:

This would be the day the boy and I would of gotten to Westfield around 8 am and watched ball all day long( I watch ball all day long he would probably be on his IPad lol). Probably would of ran into Stromboli up there and talk hoops all day as well. Instead I’m working a 10 hr day

31 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This would be the day the boy and I would of gotten to Westfield around 8 am and watched ball all day long( I watch ball all day long he would probably be on his IPad lol). Probably would of ran into Stromboli up there and talk hoops all day as well. Instead I’m working a 10 hr day

Buddy I wish!! Would have been great to see you. I’d have had at least my oldest son with me, too. 

Yesterday I turned off Minecraft and Avengers long enough for us to rewatch the Nebraska game again. Real excited to watch TJD’s sophomore season. Too bad we won’t get that experience watching the 2021 guys from AAU up to college ball.

Take care bud. I just went to the Post Office to ship my sister a birthday care package. Everyone was really strict about social distancing, yelled at anyone trying to disobey the 10 capacity inside rule. I’d say 80% wore masks. Appreciate you guys keeping things going. 

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I was all set to coach my sons team in our first tournament this weekend. His first foray into AAU basketball (he just turned 10). Disappointed the season is probably cancelled, our team was going to be pretty good, but more disappointed to not have that special time coaching my son (though we've had plenty of time together at home the past 5-6 weeks). 

Although it's no longer April, I'm reluctant to start a new thread for AAU ball given the uncertainties that still exist but there is this from Alec Lasley-

As Indiana begins its re-opening process, that has already had a domino effect for AAU programs in the state. Indy Heat has already said they are planning practice the week of May 25 and Indiana Elite head coach Mark Adams is preparing to do the same, he tells me.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Although it's no longer April, I'm reluctant to start a new thread for AAU ball given the uncertainties that still exist but there is this from Alec Lasley-

As Indiana begins its re-opening process, that has already had a domino effect for AAU programs in the state. Indy Heat has already said they are planning practice the week of May 25 and Indiana Elite head coach Mark Adams is preparing to do the same, he tells me.

YAAAAY!!

(I think)