Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Honest question. Have you been watching the games? Sometimes you aren’t what your record is. Many people predicted this slide based on how we’ve been playing even against the poor teams. Very few of those have we looked good. Refs giving us calls at the Hall. I think that will continue to some extent. We will win a fair amount of home games. Our odds of success on the road are putrid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What happened yesterday? It’s the Big Ten, the conference pretty much starts every game with the home team up 10.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honest question. Have you been watching the games? Sometimes you aren’t what your record is. Many people predicted this slide based on how we’ve been playing even against the poor teams. Very few of those have we looked good. Refs giving us calls at the Hall. I think that will continue to some extent. We will win a fair amount of home games. Our odds of success on the road are putrid.

“Honest question” ... lol. Of course I’ve been watching. 
We were a very tough team to play against last February; effort level went way up. Waiting to see if we figure things out this year before it’s too late.

I think that’s reasonable.

Never said you did. So many are suggesting that road wins are nearly impossible.

This year they pretty much are so far in the conference season. I haven’t seen this much dominance by home teams to open conference play in a while. Road teams have only won 3 games so far. 2 of those were at Northwestern and Nebraska. 2 teams well out of the NET top 100. Wisky’s win at Ohio St is the only other road win.

Never said you did. So many are suggesting that road wins are nearly impossible.

I’m not sure why you quoted me(?)

My comment had more to do with how the Big Ten mandates the officiating. I love watching basketball. The free flowing, dedicated cuts and curls, crisp snapped passing, body and ball movement that leads to great shots while the defense intelligently communicates and moves with grace to outthink and out position their opponent. Football season is over but the Big Ten refuses to adapt the brand of basketball that’s on display in other conferences.

IMG_7826.thumb.jpg.ce71323db424037491e51e111357d1a5.jpg

Jerry Palms new updated bracket. (Yes it’s super early) but I would take this all day long if IU was playing to their potential. San Diego St as a 1, Baylor as a 2 and Florida St as a 3. That would be a bracket destined for upset

Oh my gosh. We just played our second worst game of the season and I could honestly still see us winning a couple games. That’s a dream scenario

Anyone think any of the announcers that made a big deal about IU’s non-conference SOS being in the 300’s will say anything about their Non-conference SOS being top 50 now? This is why I would suggest people wait until conference play until they judge a non conference schedule

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone think any of the announcers that made a big deal about IU’s non-conference SOS being in the 300’s will say anything about their Non-conference SOS being top 50 now? This is why I would suggest people wait until conference play until they judge a non conference schedule

What fun is that though? The mothership tells them they have to emphasize whatever in order to get the dough!

Don’t look now but Louisiana Tech is now a Quad 2 win.

They are 59th in the NET. Can we stop lumping them in with the cupcakes?

We will have to see what happens when the smoke clears. The NET seems incredibly flawed and isn’t what most fans base their perception of a team.

We will have to see what happens when the smoke clears. The NET seems incredibly flawed and isn’t what most fans base their perception of a team.

Smoke is pretty clear to me. They are a good team.

Edit: Plus, if the committee doesn’t view them as a cupcake, why in the world would the fans want to view them as a cupcake?

Smoke is pretty clear to me. They are a good team.

Edit: Plus, if the committee doesn’t view them as a cupcake, why in the world would the fans want to view them as a cupcake?

Because the fans and committee are allowed to have different opinions? And fans view more from a teams record, name, star power, simple stats and the eye test.

Because the fans and committee are allowed to have different opinions? And fans view more from a teams record, name, star power, simple stats and the eye test.

Selection Committee makes all decisions on who makes the tournament.

Selection Committee views Louisiana Tech as a good team.

Why would IU fans view them as a bad team? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Selection Committee makes all decisions on who makes the tournament.

Selection Committee views Louisiana Tech as a good team.

Why would IU fans view them as a bad team? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Well they are at best a mediocre team. We will have to see how they end up doing in conference. Fans are going to perceive this season differently and will likely be more harsh on the selections of the committee.

Well they are at best a mediocre team. We will have to see how they end up doing in conference. Fans are going to perceive this season differently and will likely be more harsh on the selections of the committee.

59 in net
54 in BPI
53 in KenPom.

They are not a cupcake. But whatever suits you Joe.

Keep up with your “simple stats” and eye test.

Don’t look now but Louisiana Tech is now a Quad 2 win.

They are 59th in the NET. Can we stop lumping them in with the cupcakes?

People are going to do what people do so if they want to lump them in with cupcakes that’s their choice. Bottom line IU has an overall SOS of 38 and Non conference SOS of 52. Cupcakes or no cupcakes IU’s SOS shouldn’t be viewed as a negative or reason why IU won’t make the tournament