Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) SF Bryce Hopkins

Recommended Posts

I'm skeptical but anything is possible.

 

Jake @jakeweingarten

Bryce Hopkins is currently on the campus of Kentucky taking a campus visit, i’m told. He told me earlier this past week there’s a chance he looks at Indiana as well.  FYI:  Recruits are allowed to visit college campuses just to visit. If they pay, they can go anytime they want. Just no interaction with the staff due to the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm skeptical but anything is possible.

 

Jake @jakeweingarten

Bryce Hopkins is currently on the campus of Kentucky taking a campus visit, i’m told. He told me earlier this past week there’s a chance he looks at Indiana as well.  FYI:  Recruits are allowed to visit college campuses just to visit. If they pay, they can go anytime they want. Just no interaction with the staff due to the rules.

Agree. If he’s in Lexington and he doesn’t hit Bloomington (and Champaign, for that matter) on his way home I think you can safely go with the “Bryce Hopkins Off the Board” thread title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're all on pins and needles for this one.

Jake Weingarten - Top-40 senior Bryce Hopkins will cut down his list to five schools this weekend, he told @Stockrisers.  His current list of nine: Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Providence, Oregon, Cal, Iowa State, Michigan, and Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think most expected him to commit to UK already.

That he has not has to say something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think skepticism makes sense.  I would still say Kentucky is the favorite.  I am just reporting what I was told.

If you wanted to spin to the positive side, he committed a year ago to Louisville.  There was certainly no need to commit that early if he wanted to wait to see if UK, Duke, etc. would come calling.  The family also doesn't seem like the type that is in awe of Kentucky or anything like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:

I think skepticism makes sense.  I would still say Kentucky is the favorite.  I am just reporting what I was told.

If you wanted to spin to the positive side, he committed a year ago to Louisville.  There was certainly no need to commit that early if he wanted to wait to see if UK, Duke, etc. would come calling.  The family also doesn't seem like the type that is in awe of Kentucky or anything like that.


Dad makes it easy to root for the young man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just did a little on-line research and amateur tea-leaf reading:

NOT Kentucky, per many places. 

Contenders with the highest possibility (in no particular order): Illinois, Indiana, Providence.

FWIW-style of play: EJ Liddell, Jordan Murphy. Lunch-bucket winner without a big-time outside shot. Knows how to play. Very hard worker. Plays bigger than his height. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

 

Just did a little on-line research and amateur tea-leaf reading:

NOT Kentucky, per many places. 

Contenders with the highest possibility (in no particular order): Illinois, Indiana, Providence.

FWIW-style of play: EJ Liddell, Jordan Murphy. Lunch-bucket winner without a big-time outside shot. Knows how to play. Very hard worker. Plays bigger than his height. 

Interesting comp. I watched Liddell several times in in high school and my comp for him was a more athletic, hyper-intense Juwan Morgan. Haven’t watched Hopkins. Is Morgan a reasonable ceiling for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Interesting comp. I watched Liddell several times in in high school and my comp for him was a more athletic, hyper-intense Juwan Morgan. Haven’t watched Hopkins. Is Morgan a reasonable ceiling for him?

I think Juwan was a little longer and a less "off the bounce" on offense. Liddell hasn't hit his ceiling yet, but you see him the exact way I do.

Maybe Jordan Murphy is the ceiling (and that's a high ceiling). Always seemed like Morgan was an inch or two taller than Murphy, but Murphy was really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm still very much a doubting Old Fart on this one.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/10/13/bryce-hopkins-sets-announcement-date/

They are obviously going to be complimentary of any school in their final list, but the quotes make me think he's going to Kentucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

They are obviously going to be complimentary of any school in their final list, but the quotes make me think he's going to Kentucky.

Yep, Kentucky is still Kentucky.  Just not as much in the top 20 as they seemed to exclusively be.  Duke kind of took the ridiculous reign when they got 1, 2, and 3 amongst others. I am guessing Cal is starting to trust those grizzled sophomore vets a little more with his 3-4 5*.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×