Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

13 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

IU may have dodged a bullet with Jalen Washington committing to UNC. He will miss  his senior season after tearing his ACL for a second time. 

That’s sad though…crazy how some people can just be so snakebitten by injuries

Was curious about this. Only fielding 3 teams this year, I believe the original plan was for 8, and basically playing a prep school schedule. 

Reading between the lines. JHS is expected earn a starting spot. Banks is expected to be an eventual star. Gunn is a great kid with all the intangibles that can help our program at some point.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Old target  Kyle Filipowski skyrocketed up the rankings all the way to 2

Old target Justin Taylor( remember him) went the other way and fell to 127

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
Old target  Kyle Filipowski skyrocketed up the rankings all the way to 2
Old target Justin Taylor( remember him) went the other way and fell to 127

And Duke has 3 of the top 4 guys and number 10. I would love, love, love just getting 1 top 10 guy per year. At some point our recruiting will need to improve to be a top tier team.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Class ranking

Ohio State 5
Michigan 7
Indiana 17
Illinois 18
Penn state 25
Purdue 26
Nebraska 33
MSU 35 (2 commits)
Minnesota 40

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Brian Snow paying dividends for Penn St already.    I’m guessing that’s their highest ranked recruiting class ever.  Stevens and Carr class might of been better 

52 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Brian Snow paying dividends for Penn St already.    I’m guessing that’s their highest ranked recruiting class ever.  Stevens and Carr class might of been better 

Lol brian snow.

sorry, but think it is more to do with Micah 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Little tongue and cheek but Micah wanted him at Penn St 

Haha I got ya. Yeah I am not saying he isn’t good for what Micah has him doing, but thinking any recruit would pick a school because of Brian snow is, well, funny 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:25 PM, Demo said:

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/jeremy-foumena

Per Daily Hoosier and mentioned in the above article, IU has reached to 6’11” Jeremy Foumena of Orangeville Prep.

Jeremy Foumena is 6'11" 230 lbs. native of Quebec, Canada.  Played '20-'21 for Central Pointe Christian Academy in Kissimmee, FL.  Didn't see anything for him on 247 or Rivals.  In the Prospective Insight article in the link above he indicates he played AAU ball last summer for Georgia Stars, the same AAU program of '23 Coen Carr.   

Nov '21 Article

@Jfoumena1

@Orangevilleprep

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

6'11" 230 lbs. native of Quebec, Canada.  Played '20-'21 for Central Pointe Christian Academy in Kissimmee, FL.  Didn't see anything for him on 247 or Rivals.  In the Prospective Insight article in the link above he indicates he played AAU ball last summer for Georgia Stars, the same AAU program of '23 Coen Carr.   

Nov '21 Article

@Jfoumena1

@Orangevilleprep

In the summer was #37 on ESPN rankings.

Wants a big time school that features their bigs.