Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs Iowa Game Thread 10/13 12:00PM ESPN2

9 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

It is a legitimate question to inquire if IU does indeed practice tackling

I'm sure they practice it, they just aren't any good at it.

Tom Pritchard probably shot thousands of free throws in practice, but that didn't stop him from throwing it at the back of the rim every time he went to the line.

Nothing about Coach Allen impresses me. The offense has taken several steps back from where it was at under Wilson. The defense was supposed to be Allen's calling card, but they seem to have regressed as well. The team lacks discipline. We had some momentum with back to back bowl seasons under Wilson but I'm afraid Allen is going to lose it and put us on a downward trajectory. 

What in the flip is happening?! They're finally starting to call some of these goofy penalties on Iowa too. How do you get tugged in the complete opposite direction and it's not called a hold?!

We're terrible but not this terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

They found a "good enough" coach that they were very patient with. Allen could be that guy for IU, especially given his focus on D and his ability so far to recruit. The offense needs an overhaul though. 

What ability to recruit?  Sure the national rankings are better, but we are still ranking in the bottom third of the conference.  He doesn't recruit any better than Wilson did,.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why go for it to 2 down 19?! It's still a three score game either way. You have two more chances to go for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not the first time he stupidly went for the 2 point conversion