Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

But you are acting as if it’s not a valid concern
I think it is a possibility. But I'm not concerned. I don't think it will happen. It's a possibility I might get struck by lightning in this storm, but highly improbable. Right after Garland committed, thats all we heard from a few posters. It didnt happen. Then we heard Grimes was going to get him to Kansas.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I think it is a possibility. But I'm not concerned. I don't think it will happen. It's a possibility I might get struck by lightning in this storm, but highly improbable. Right after Garland committed, thats all we heard from a few posters. It didnt happen. Then we heard Grimes was going to get him to Kansas.

Two instances. What did Damezi do as soon as he committed. Text RP. Where did RP end up. 

Two instances. What did Damezi do as soon as he committed. Text RP. Where did RP end up. 
I've read 3 different articles on his commitment. Nowhere did I see anything about DA's text being why he decided to commit. He did say Archie's vision and how he fits in was a big factor. He did acknowledge the tweet and said they had the chance to be good. But to say DA recruited him to IU is a leap.

25 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I've read 3 different articles on his commitment. Nowhere did I see anything about DA's text being why he decided to commit. He did say Archie's vision and how he fits in was a big factor. He did acknowledge the tweet and said they had the chance to be good. But to say DA recruited him to IU is a leap.

To say it it was an influence though is highly unlikely. Good players want to play with good players

PG - Phinisee/Al

SG - Green/Al

SF - Hunter/Damezi

PF - Smith/Thompson/Moore

C - Davis/Forrester

As worried as we are guys about 2019 recruiting we should have a really solid core. Without any recruits 

Obviously we need a guard to come in and give us some depth. And a big that can be more of a force. But that is a tournament team right there. If we have to take 4 stars instead of 5 stars not the end of the world. 

PG - Phinisee/Al
SG - Green/Al
SF - Hunter/Damezi
PF - Smith/Thompson/Moore
C - Davis/Forrester
As worried as we are guys about 2019 recruiting we should have a really solid core. Without any recruits 
Obviously we need a guard to come in and give us some depth. And a big that can be more of a force. But that is a tournament team right there. If we have to take 4 stars instead of 5 stars not the end of the world. 
Exactly

New name popping up.  3-star SF from Falmouth, KY.  6'6" 185 lbs ranked 217 overall; 53rd SF and #4 ranked player in KY per 247.  

Should we be feeling a little nervous?

IndianaRivals‏ @IndianaRivals

The recruiting efforts of #iubb, Ohio State and Arizona, along with UK's chances with Dontiae Allen, are examined in this week's Twitter Tuesday:

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

New name popping up.  3-star SF from Falmouth, KY.  6'6" 185 lbs ranked 217 overall; 53rd SF and #4 ranked player in KY per 247.  

The recruiting efforts of #iubb, Ohio State and Arizona, along with UK's chances with Dontiae Allen, are examined in this week's Twitter Tuesday:

If OSU, Arizona, and UK are recruiting him as well I'm assuming he has great potential or is about to skyrocket in the rankings. Louisville just offered him too.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

why nervous? Lousiville just offered him, and AZ and UK looking at him too. Not nervous at all, probably will shoot up the rankings.