Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs. (17) Michigan Game Thread 11/14 12:00PM EST ABC

It's sad we have actually had talent the last few years but doesn't matter who the coach is we still make dumb mistake after dumb mistake and it kills us against good competition. 

I think if we actually took our time to find a good coach, things could change. At least a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, azguybob said:

never going to beat the big boys when u sign so called ...2 - 3... stars players.

Don't quite believe this. Obviously we won't be a powerhouse like that but can still knock off these teams. Hell look at Syracuse last night against Clemson. I bet they had a bunch of 2-3 star players. 

Good series by our Defense. Really saved us there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It helps that Michigan got a holding and false start penalties to kill the drive. We would be killing it in flag football. We're touching them behind the line and then watching as they pick up 5-10 yards.

2 minutes ago, azguybob said:

never going to beat the big boys when u sign so called ...2 - 3... stars players.

Yep. When we were pretty good (late '80s, early '90s), it all started by signing two players that pretty much any team in the country would've been happy to have -- Dave Schnell and Anthony Thompson. For the past umpteen years, it seems we're recruiting against good mid-majors and bad Power 5s. I can't think of the last time we signed a really elite football  player. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

It helps that Michigan got a holding and false start penalties to kill the drive. We would be killing it in flag football. We're touching them behind the line and then watching as they pick up 5-10 yards.

Our defense is the only group that doesn't play stupid. Probably helps having a bunch of seniors. I swear our offense should be able to get a score here. Michigan has given us opportunities. ST better be done with their mistakes.