Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Jake Forrester had a really good day, eh?

Had a solid day. Anthony had a really good day.

Louis King likes to shoot the ball. Volume scorer, but sure puts up his shots.

Good day for Trendon.

Garland statistically took a beating in the head to head with Anthony. Still pretty good stats though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Porter is already a solid commitment to Missouri. May even reclassify to 2017. Jones seems to be a heavy Duke lean but is uncommitted. 

Any chance Tommy O can muster some Minnesota magic and get into Jones?

For those with inquiring minds, UA has not posted any box scores for yesterday's U17 games; hopefully we'll get them some time this morning.  And the Adidas games played yesterday involved teams in the Silver Division and they've not posted box scores for that division all season long.   

After posting the above paragraph, I did find this tweet - Kevin Easley made plays on both ends of the floor to help George Hill Rising Stars beat Grassroots Elite Canada.

It's possibly because of this guard:

http://247sports.com/Player/Gabe-Kalscheur-93736

Kalschuer is a shooter at 6'4"  - 2nd in EYBL 3pointers made, and is starting to amass multiple high-major offers. 

Or, more likely, this forward:

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarvis-Thomas-84655

Apparently Thomas has had a late growth spurt up to 6'8" or 6'9" and is a high-ceiling  - energy type forward project. In other articles Jarvis Thomas is described like the type of forward that Archie favors. Long, great athleticism, football player mentality.

This will get the "they're ranked too low" crowd tamped down a bit: a link to a Sporting News article on the best of the Los Angeles EYBL tourney from May; reviews of  Bagley, Cam Reddish, Bol Bol, Tre Jones, all of that. Also some nice words for Damezi Anderson. Both Kalschuer and Thomas were among the non-big names that were most notable and the article describes why:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/eybl-nike-basketball-teams-prospects-recruiting-class-rankings-marvin-bagley-iii-cameron-reddish-bol-bol/13948loac6f31zi7rut0gfjr5

With Tommy O's Minnesota connections, I'm guessing that he has gotten the word that these two are at the very least worth his time to take a look at. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Top 2018 center Moses Brown has said his top 2 right now is IU and Louisville. He would be a one and done but would be nice to have Thompson to go with him.

Henry with a really good game. He is really down to Butler and IU but just waiting for an IU offer. He is going to decide as soon as July is over. 

Seems like we are losing momentum with Garland. 

Is that from an article that can be linked, or is that the Btown scuttlebutt?

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Top 2018 center Moses Brown has said his top 2 right now is IU and Louisville. He would be a one and done but would be nice to have Thompson to go with him.

Henry with a really good game. He is really down to Butler and IU but just waiting for an IU offer. He is going to decide as soon as July is over. 

When did we get back in with Brown?  What happened with UK and Maryland?

That was a weird throwaway add in of UNC being there and how they are interesting. If this race is truly close to the end then this was more to say call us if it isn't over I would assume.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I was worried as soon as Butler offered. Henry is going to be a really good 4 year player, and IMO someone that is much better than his ranking. He reminds me of Roosevelt Jones that used to play for Butler. I trust Archie's judgement, but hopefully he throws him an offer before it's too late.

UA finally posted Wednesday's box scores; however, I couldn't find any data on Kevin Easley who per an earlier tweet:  Kevin Easley made plays on both ends of the floor to help George Hill Rising Stars beat Grassroots Elite Canada.  Easley started the season on the G3 Grind team but played for MeanStreets in the EYBL for it's May end of month event.  There is no George Hill Rising Stars squad on the UA roster of teams; Easley does not appear in the G3 Grind box score; and Canada Elite played 1 Nation 66.  Bottom line - I have no idea where Easley's game took place.

Eric Ayala '18 (SG) - WeR1     HAS IU OFFER  
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
7/12 19 5 10 1 4 8 10 6 4 3 1 1  

Avg 13.2 41%   35%   59%   5 3 2 0 0 28
# Gms 12                        

Moses Brown '18 ( C ) - New Heights        
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
7/12 11 3 3 0 0 5 12 4 0 3 0 4  

Avg 14.2 54%   0%   51%   9 1 3 1 2 24
# Gms 13                        

Peegs article on Henry:

Has Indiana gotten involved fast enough with in-state wing Aaron Henry? He talks about his recent IU visit and a new timetable.

It was a fast start for Aaron Henry on the first night of the July evaluation periods.
The 6-foot-5 senior wing from Indianapolis Ben Davis scored 16 of his team high 18 points in the first half, leading Team Harris to a UAA Finals open division 54-42 pool win over the Q6 All-Stars. The game was played at the Lakepoint Sporting Complex near Atlanta in Cartersville, Georgia.

Henry added six rebounds, four assists, four steals and a block as his team dominated the beginning of the second half to pull away.
“I felt like we started slow. I provided some points early but as a team just weren’t there,” Henry told Peegs.com.
Indiana assistant Ed Schilling was courtside along with coaches from Butler, Purdue, Michigan State, Nebraska, Xavier, Michigan State, Pittsburgh and other programs. Wednesday evening began the first of the three four-day periods that coaches can watch prospects at club team and camp like events in July.
SEE RELATED: Henry discusses Indiana's interest | Junior team highlights | Spring video: Aaron Henry
Henry helped lead Ben Davis to the Class 4A state title in Indiana this year. But he did so mainly playing inside as most players his size often have to in high school. That's why this offseason presents him a specific set of goals.
“Showing colleges what I can do on the perimeter," he said. "They see I can score inside and in the mid-range area but they’re making sure I can shoot the three ball and play out on the perimeter. And continue to play defense and rebound.”
To his credit he shot over 40 percent from 3-point distance in his junior season at Ben Davis.
Henry has accumulated several Missouri Valley and Mid-American offers but pulled in his biggest recently when new Butler coach LaVall Jordan extended a scholarship opportunity.
“It meant a lot," Henry said. "Coach LaVall had offered me when he was at Wisconsin-Milwaukee. So he knew who I was, my family. We have that type of relationship. He feels I can be that Big East type of player. “
The Indiana Hoosiers have become a real factor of late. IU was the only school he took to the time to visit in June.
“Meeting coach (Archie) Miller was everything to me," Henry said. "That program really has a lot of history behind it. I would like to play there if I could.”
The Hoosier message is a simple one.
“They have to see me play more," Henry said. "Archie just got the job and hasn’t seen me play a lot. They’re going go continue to watch me this July.”
Communication has ramped up.
“(Assistant) coach (Ed) Schilling and I talk a lot,” Henry said. “Coach Miller and I as well.”
Henry ran down the schools he’s hearing from the most the past few weeks.
“I’ve talked to IU, Xavier, Washington State, UMass, Michigan State and Michigan,” Henry said.
As a player he's known for his ability to defend as well as his on court leadership. You rarely see a player talk as much as Henry does on the court. That's an intangible that helped lead Ben Davis to a state title that not many expected.
“It shows I know how to win," Henry said. "Shows I know how to lead a team. That’s a good trait to have at that level.”
In early May he told us he was thinking about deciding after his senior year but the increased interest has shortened his time frame.
“It’s changed," Henry said. "Maybe a week or two after July I will know exactly where I’m going. “
So August may now bring his college destination.
“No later than September,” Henry said.
That decision could come without any more campus trips.
“Yeah, unless another offer from a school I haven’t heard from comes across the board,” Henry said.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app