Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

It mostly stems from the tangible results or lack there of- when he was out 2 years ago, team played better. 2 years of in court participation...not so much. He is responsible for the seed being planted in some fans eyes.

28 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don't think I have seen one person say anything negative about his offense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You're correct.

I'll defend his offense, but his defense is offensive..........

or something like that.

Coach Miller expected to meet with the 3 2017 recruits this week according to rabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Interesting. OG's spot is Smith who could be one of those kids, that means he is expecting a few more departures. TB is probably gone as well then. Honestly it is probably our 3 recruits. Moore or Durham havent been let out their LOI yet so makes sense. Rabjohns is just making us think were going after some others. Would like to get involved with Waters, Langford, Baker, Smith, Moore since he isnt technically ours and Garrison Brooks.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

It was the week after Crean was fired. Smith didn't ask for one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah I knew they asked for their release, I was just under the assumption that they weren't granted the releases yet and wanted the recruits to give Archie a chance before the officially were released.

Haven't officially been released yet. Moore and Durham asked for it but asking and getting is two different things. I know Marquette is making a push for Moore but saw they are waiting for his release to get him to visit. That is what this meeting is about to probably grant their release. Smith is staying it looks like. Have no idea why he wouldn't. PT available and a starting spot is possible this year if not this year definitely next.

If you go to Stu Jacksons twitter he posted the list of most efficient offensive players in the country. JBJ was on there!! Like I have continued to say, he may have his moments on defense, but he is one of the best offensive players in the country and it is mind boggling some of you want him gone!! Sign me up for a senior season with JBJ leading our offense once again.

The sets Archie will get for him is gonna be a sight to see.

I haven't chimed in much on the Blackmon debate here lately but I will offer my thoughts.

Without blinking an eye, I want Blackmon back. I've seen flashes from him defensively that shows he's capable of playing defense at a high level. Archie Miller implements a pack line defensive strategy, which I think will help JBJr settle in. It's not a defensive strategy like Crean's, where we are throwing a bunch of different schemes at the guy's in the same game. Call it Crean's defensive Gumbo. Offensively, he's about as good as they come, even on a national scale. Put him in a transition/motion offense, where there will be designed plays to get him open looks, and we have ourselves one of the top players in the nation.