Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2017) PG Tremont Waters to LSU

2 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

We will probably get none of the 3. Seems like a big let down if we miss on Waters being as this thought to be all but in the bag according to some.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

This is pretty much what im thinking. Wilkes would have commited by now if he was sold on us, and I don't see Preston coming here

We will probably get none of the 3. Seems like a big let down if we miss on Waters being as this thought to be all but in the bag according to some.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

A couple of weeks ago it was all in the bag that he was going to Kentucky according to some. Lol. Welcome to following recruiting closely. If he commits to iu tomorrow great and if he doesn't wish him luck and move on or at least that's what I will do

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Albers take on Waters.

Tremont Waters sets announcement for Wednesday — it won’t be Kentucky

Tremont Waters, a 2017 point guard from New Haven, Conn., will announce his college decision at 4 p.m. Wednesday. Waters, who stands 5-foot-11 and is the No. 37 player in the 2017 class, is an incredibly important recruit for Indiana, which is seeking its point guard of the future.

There are technically 7 schools on Waters’ list — Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, UConn, Georgetown, Kansas and Yale — but the list of real possibilities is shorter than that.

A source close to the Waters recruitment told me that Kentucky “has been out of it for weeks” and will not be Waters’ choice on Wednesday, despite the fact that UK coach John Calipari visited Waters three times, according to his father.

Waters’ father said the list had been narrowed down to four schools but declined to specify. My educated guess is those four are Indiana, Kansas, Georgetown and UCONN.

As of Tuesday afternoon, 247 Sports’ Crystal Ball gave Indiana an 80% chance to land the four-star Waters. Kentucky was in second, but their percentage dropped steadily after I tweeted that UK was out of the running.

Your guess is as good as mine on this one, I’m not even going to offer a prediction. I’ll say Indiana, Georgetown or Kansas, in that order. But I do think it’s a little bit closer than the Crystal Ball would suggest.

Indiana assistant coach Chuck Martin has headed Indiana’s recruitment of Waters because of his ties to the East Coast. Indiana prioritized Waters over Indianapolis native Paul Scruggs long ago, so Wednesday’s announcement is a big one for Tom Crean and the Hoosiers.

Which difficult discussions should there be and to whom? Funny how Waters visits G'town late and unscheduled and CB turns that way. Wilkes shows up in Bloomington and it means nothing accept to those who have an agenda.

Just now, indy317219 said:

Which difficult discussions should there be and to whom? Funny how Waters visits G'town late and unscheduled and CB turns that way. Wilkes shows up in Bloomington and it means nothing accept to those who have an agenda.

The difficult discussion is why did we pay 750 thousand for 2 projects and a 4 star

2 minutes ago, indy317219 said:

Because Wilkes didn't set an imminent decision date after that unscheduled visit and Waters did. Pretty simple really.

The difficult discussion is why did we pay 750 thousand for 2 projects and a 4 star

How dialed in on the recruiting budget are you to put a specific number on it? And does it end in November or does the April signing period count?

7 minutes ago, indy317219 said:

How dialed in on the recruiting budget are you to put a specific number on it? And does it end in November or does the April signing period count?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2015/03/11/indiana-university-purdue-ball-state-iupui-ipfw-indiana-state-ncaa-finances-tom-crean/24662029/

i can't find the latest figures. But that's 2 years old. Their recruiting budget doesn't require inside information btw. 

Let's keep this civil regardless. PG is not our highest priority. We have 4 guards on the roster who played PG in high school.

Now for 18? That's another story.

We will survive this miss if it turns out that way. At least we won't have to worry about having a 5'10" PGs.

The bigger concern, I suppose is that we prioritized Waters overs Scruggs.
Then again, Scruggs is an academic concern, so........

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2015/03/11/indiana-university-purdue-ball-state-iupui-ipfw-indiana-state-ncaa-finances-tom-crean/24662029/

i can't find the latest figures. But that's 2 years old. Their recruiting budget doesn't require inside information btw. 

So your budget numbers are final according to this but neglects to consider any signings prior to the 2017-2018 season?