Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I have a hard time believing that Crean is the hill that Fred Glass is willing to die on. His decision is so cut and dry: fire Crean and stay in everyone's good graces or keep him and watch the angry mob move on to him. I don't have faith in Glass making the right hire, but I can't see him risking his entire career on Tom Crean. Surely he's smarter than that.. 

I get some of those scenarios above, but if he was set on keeping him, why not announce it sooner rather than later? He could go the 2015 route where he says Crean has always been the coach, and we all made a story about nothing, I guess?
The trustees/boosters slowing him down is obviously plausible, but the silence is deafening right now. 

If Fred can't get this figured out by himself, he needs to go.  He definitely is part of the issue.  I can't believe how incompetent an AD can be.  I won't be happy until he is gone as well.  I hate both of them.

4:07 also happens to be the amount of time this team spends playing defense.
8:22 is the amount of time this teams spends NOT turning the ball over.

Ive always thought he would have to be told to fire him. You would think a guy who was around for the national titles would want more for iu than crean. Is he just so blinded by the friendship.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TrueHoosier62 said:

Saying someone has a huge sack is only relevant if what they used it for was a just cause. Otherwise, they're only trying to make a name for themselves. When I heard Bob Knight's comments the other day, about hoping everyone associated with the University who was a party to his dissmissal "was dead", Miles Brand immediately came to mind. Karma was certainly at play there.

I think we agree he had a huge sack just by making a decision even if we didn't agree with it.

Fred has yet to do anything Fire/retain Crean hence the no sack perception.

1 minute ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

What's the thoughts about some big boosters meeting with Glass tonight?  This concerns me.  It's obvious that Crean needs to go, this meeting gives Glass the opportunity to sell keeping Crean.  This should not be allowed.  Fire. Tom. Crean.

well hopefully if this so called meeting is happening this will give them an opportunity to say hey you keep this guy our money is going bye bye

What's the thoughts about some big boosters meeting with Glass tonight?  This concerns me.  It's obvious that Crean needs to go, this meeting gives Glass the opportunity to sell keeping Crean.  This should not be allowed.  Fire. Tom. Crean.

There is nothing to sell.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Maybe Fred made them some Sweet 16 rings to remind them how elite our program and coach currently are

Yeah I'm wondering that if the meeting really does happen this evening it has to do with the big boosters saying "seriously Fred, we don't want this guy anymore. How much do you need to make sure we get the replacement we want for the program." I heard that Fred was gonna announce yesterday that he planned on keeping Crean but the trustees came forward and said no not so fast...so hopefully this meeting has something to do with boosters/trustees telling Glass that we for sure no longer want Crean, here's some dough to get the guy we want, or you won't be getting any more dough if Crean stays. I just wonder though that if there truly is a meeting tonight, then it probably wouldn't be until at least tomorrow or after that we get an announcement.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

A supposed meeting with boosters can be nothing but a good thing.

Only possibilities to come of it are:

1. Either Glass won't listen (if he indeed planed to keep Crean) and will force them to pull donations and that will force Glass out eventually

2. They will talk him into firing Crean

3. He is firing Crean and asking them for big $$$ to hire a new top coach instead.

The fact that the original poster said he was planning to announce keeping Crean last night kind of suggests otherwise.  It sounds like a last ditch attempt to intervene.  Glass has never shown to be beholden to boosters.  I am hoping the boosters can cause some kind of change of heart, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't count on Crean being fired or leaving at this point.  

The fact that the original poster said he was planning to announce keeping Crean last night kind of suggests otherwise.  It sounds like a last ditch attempt to intervene.  Glass has never shown to be beholden to boosters.  I am hoping the boosters can cause some kind of change of heart, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't count on Crean being fired or leaving at this point.  

How has he not been beholden to boosters? They actually are the #1 stakeholders.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Redandyz said:

The poster said he heard a rumor. Who knows if that's true. If Glass truly doesn't care what boosters think and their donations dry up I can promise you McRobbie and the trustees will intervene and dump Glass. I also saw Rabjohns said he thought boosters were meeting and a change would be made from what he's hearing based on what I read earlier in thread. I certainly would believe Rabjohns before I believe some faceless poster on twitter or the board.

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

How has he not been beholden to boosters? They actually are the #1 stakeholders.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Boot - I meant his actions have never really shown that.  I am not in the loop, I'm not a booster, but I understand college admin/booster relationships.  The fact that he's not already heard the roar from them (as evidenced by his wanting to announce Crean will be back last night) led me to make that comment.

1 minute ago, Redandyz said:

Boot - I meant his actions have never really shown that.  I am not in the loop, I'm not a booster, but I understand college admin/booster relationships.  The fact that he's not already heard the roar from them (as evidenced by his wanting to announce Crean will be back last night) led me to make that comment.

Again nobody knows if that's really true that he was planning to announce that. That was a rumor. Could be true. Lets not treat it as gospel though.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The poster said he heard a rumor. Who knows if that's true. If Glass truly doesn't care what boosters think and their donations dry up I can promise you McRobbie and the trustees will intervene and dump Glass. I also saw Rabjohns said he thought boosters were meeting and a change would be made from what he's hearing based on what I read earlier in thread. I certainly would believe Rabjohns before I believe some faceless poster on twitter or the board.

Good point.  Is there that much of a division among the boosters for and against firing Crean?  How can boosters be happy with the product of the last 9 years?  Last part was more rhetorical.