Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I remember seeing that too now that you mention it. Bad look for a conference. Definitely helps support that ACC argument that the conference tournament is more important.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know. Before the Big Ten had a tournament, the argument for one was that it would prepare conference teams for the big dance. What are we at now...20 years of Big Ten tournament? In that time one conference team has won a title, Michigan State.

Call me old, but I want to cancel the conference tournament and get back to balanced schedules. I understand that we have more teams now but I know we could figure it out.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

6 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I always knew this wasn't a done deal since glass is involved. He simply does not want to fire him as I've said. The bottom line is we have to lose tonight or I fear we are stuck. with him. Its like a bad dream.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Wisconsin's playing very poorly right now.  Our luck, we'll continue to light it up from 3 and we'll take them out... 

Janitor saying Crean deep BTT run changes everything .....for the folks rooting for both a change and iu to make tourney

This is what I've been saying since mid season.

We needed a catastrophic ending and we were so close.

It still might not be Glass though. Crean may want to stay and he might think a run can mend the feelings of the IU fanbase.

His recruiting failures in itself should be enough. Couple that with a 10th place finish......

Big day for IU hoops!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

18 minutes ago, dallas44 said:

Janitor saying Crean deep BTT run changes everything .....for the folks rooting for both a change and iu to make tourney

For those that question why some of us are such worry warts, this is why. Glass should be fired too if he keeps him.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

What's the tweet from janitor being referenced?

@MichaelAnthonyy @JAult75 @JoshWoolsey good question... I feel everything is in flux.. it is wait and see .. anything can happen

@MichaelAnthonyy @JAult75 @JoshWoolsey if he makes a run it changes everything..

8 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

Glass should be fired if this is the case.  Merely making the tournament is NOT THE STANDARD!!!!!

Exactly! So Crean happens to put a run together in the BTT to get us to sneak in and he's all of a sudden a great coach to need to keep around longer? Our players just happened to be hot from the 3 point line last night. We all know that when those shots aren't falling our true flaws shine through and it has haunted us all season long. Let's say tonight we shoot 70% from 3 and win the game. Is it gonna be because he somehow figured out how to be a great coach and we can think "oh wow, from now on he's gonna make IU really good!!"? No...it's gonna be because we happened to hit a bunch of shots again. I hope Glass can realize this. I have nothing against Crean as a person and appreciate the mess he got us out of, but the only way he APPEARS to be a good coach is if most of our shots are falling, and that in itself has nothing to do with him at all. You have a night where we are cold from the 3 point line and he has no plan B. Just in case Glass can't see this, I kind of hope Wisconsin beats us so that there is no doubt in changing the mind of Glass and we can move on with any announcement that may be around the corner. On one hand being a true IU fan, I hate seeing them lose and want the players to win, but at the same time if them winning puts us in jeopardy to experience more mediocrity in the future then no thanks. 

In other words, Crean won't leave this weekend if we're NCAA bound. At that point, who knows what Missouri decides to do. As he said, anything can happen. 

Yeh that janitor tweet shouldn't give our doom and gloomers reason to think Crean is coming back... janitor is so vague, and honestly I think he does it to stir the pot sometimes. See his cryptic post on here a couple weeks ago...

Ugh! Its Friday, its supposed to be a good day, but a run changes everything comment just absolutely deflated any good feelings I had about today, Da**it!

Don't let it. Look at all the other evidence pointing to the fact that Crean is leaving. Plus, real concern shouldn't even set in until we are formally invited to the tournament. That's gonna take a couple more wins...

This is what I've been saying since mid season.

We needed a catastrophic ending and we were so close.

It still might not be Glass though. Crean may want to stay and he might think a run can mend the feelings of the IU fanbase.

His recruiting failures in itself should be enough. Couple that with a 10th place finish......

Big day for IU hoops!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I knew it was to good to be true. Never underestimate crean doing just enough for Fred to keep him on. Even a run in the nit would probaby be enough for Fred. Iu bbal is doomed.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Don't let it. Look at all the other evidence pointing to the fact that Crean is leaving. Plus, real concern shouldn't even set in until we are formally invited to the tournament. That's gonna take a couple more wins...

I know, just commenting. The overall body of work this year is really terrible and a win of Jok doesn't give me any false aspirations that a run is even possible. All Wisky has to do is slow us down, they always do, but even last night in the short spurts that Iowa was able to slow us down our demons were starting to show their ugly heads. I will watch again tonight like I always do and cheer for the team and hope that Glass keeps his funny ideas to himself and makes a move for a new General!

Ugh! Its Friday, its supposed to be a good day, but a run changes everything comment just absolutely deflated any good feelings I had about today, Da**it!

It's 2015 all over again. We thought he was gone only to be fooled by a few internet posters. I think two more btt wins seals the deal and we are stuck with him. Honestly the guy has 9 lives.

I don't have a KenPom membership any longer but IU's B1G schedule last season was the easiest by far. The team, and coach, still had to go out and win but an extra few games against the bottom feeders vs. other contenders was the difference. One game against MSU and pu (other contenders) stuck out to me.

Agree, Crean is a better coach than Davis. I was using Davis and Ollie as examples for having one good run. Those runs don't change who they are as a coach.

12th out 14th easiest but still a big factor in winning last year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What thread is this with hypothetical championships? We are on a 2 game streak against non tournament teams. The sky is not falling and there is no miracle that is going to put us in the dance.
I'll take the Badgers against Tom Crean's Indiana on any court, playground, or church gym in the world.

Those rooting for a loss tonight to facilitate Crean's removal is ridiculous.
Que sera sera..... Damn the torpedoes! The chips will fall where they fall. I never want to see the HOOSIERS lose regardless if he stays or goes.
Did the Americans give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!!
Hoosiers today, Hoosiers tomorrow, Hoosiers FOREVER!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If I knew he was gone regardless I'd root for us to win the whole thing. But if winning means he stays then no thanks. The ends justify the means.