Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

This alone should be a reason to ditch Crean and move on to someone else.

I wouldnt believe that story at all sorry but I know Barbershop talk is the best place for juicy rumors, but Romeo himself has said he likes UK because they will prepare him the best in one year than most if he decides to go that route.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldnt believe that story at all sorry but I know Barbershop talk is the best place for juicy rumors, but Romeo himself has said he likes UK because they will prepare him the best in one year than most if he decides to go that route.

I have also seen him talk Duke up about the same experiences but if he decided to stay longer a Duke education is big. He is a top 5 prospect of course guys are gonna talk NBA with him or his dad.

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I have also seen him talk Duke up about the same experiences but if he decided to stay longer a Duke education is big. He is a top 5 prospect of course guys are gonna talk NBA with him or his dad.

I agree it's probably just a rumor and nothing more but if there is any truth than it's an extremely interesting situation. 

Through the grapevine:

My dad was in Johnson City, TN for work. Went to eat, and at the restaurant, a guy heard him talking and asked where in Indiana my dad was from and if he was an IU fan (dad is). Guy said he's an IU alumn (edit: he's a doctor, so wealthy which would support the notion that he'd know wealthy alumns), and while not a very important alumn knows a lot of people higher in the chain. Said Crean is without a doubt gone, and there's NOTHING HE CAN DO TO SAVE HIS JOB.

Said Stevens is first choice, Donovan second and my dad couldn't remember the third (darn).

So basically no new info and just secondhand rumors, but there's definitely discussion occurring within the alumni/booster community.

Honestly, from everything I have heard and read I'm more inclined to believe Crean is gone than staying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

Through the grapevine:

My dad was in Johnson City, TN for work. Went to eat, and at the restaurant, a guy heard him talking and asked where in Indiana my dad was from and if he was an IU fan (dad is). Guy said he's an IU alumn (edit: he's a doctor, so wealthy which would support the notion that he'd know wealthy alumns), and while not a very important alumn knows a lot of people higher in the chain. Said Crean is without a doubt gone, and there's NOTHING HE CAN DO TO SAVE HIS JOB.

Said Stevens is first choice, Donovan second and my dad couldn't remember the third (darn).

So basically no new info and just secondhand rumors, but there's definitely discussion occurring within the alumni/booster community.

Honestly, from everything I have heard and read I'm more inclined to believe Crean is gone than staying.

This pleases me

18 minutes ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

Through the grapevine:

Que the: "That's secondhand information, it isn't true." Haters. 

11 minutes ago, Yogi'sBicep said:

Que the: "That's secondhand information, it isn't true." Haters. 

Followed by the "OMG! Iuwins0708 just said he's hearing an extension is coming! Wait, he just said he's kidding, sort of, but that probably still means an extension is coming! ajwijfu824jijo328u#@$%#$@!wfo8f8sijvankjw;elkfj1!!!!!!!!!"

If you follow her Twitter during games she questioned many of the same things we all question.

Inbounds plays, etc.

Devils advocate.........3 of those guys are in NBA with Blackmon still having a good chance. But, this is a fire Crean thread so I'm sticking to the theme.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Time for me to come out with it. I am Fred Glass's nephew. I had Waffle House with him this morning and he told me that Crean is definitely gone and we are hiring Steve Kerr and hes going to recruit Steph Curry and Kevin Durant to IU. Fred is gonna deliver that 6th banner.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe we could get the celtics draft pick . Then I'll be sold on that deal

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Time for me to come out with it. I am Fred Glass's nephew. I had Waffle House with him this morning and he told me that Crean is definitely gone and we are hiring Steve Kerr and hes going to recruit Steph Curry and Kevin Durant to IU. Fred is gonna deliver that 6th banner.

I just snotted from laughing while getting a haircut because of this. 

Iu acting like it just won the B10 title at halftime....

I think that has more to do with a 22-0 run capped by a three quarter court shot while on a 5 game losing streak and just not playing good over the last 3 months. I think I would be happy too.

Yogi's mom spoke against Crean? I don't remember that one.

I think that is more on the players than Crean in her post. She absolutely loves Crean. Only reason Yogi stayed for his senior year. Honestly Yogi probably is the reason Crean didnt get fired then. His dad was very vocal about them wanting Crean back for Yogi to come back. RoJos coach and JBJ's dad I know arent fond of him at all. Vonleh himself said some crappy things so that probably doesnt hold much weight. Troys mom may because of Boo. If you notice the Virginia pipeline has dried up a bit.

Virginia pipeline dried up because Kenny Johnson left. Why did Kenny leave? He wanted to work under a coach that could actually develop him.

And $$$. Got a pretty big raise I believe.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

And $$$. Got a pretty big raise I believe.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Correcto a lot more money. Even with an assistant being the main guy you should at least have an in. Seems non existent now. Still dont see Kenny as a head coach at anywhere but a mig major. Very good recruiter with a good brand to sell though.