Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

just give me a coach that puts a team on the court that plays smart and dont turn the ball over. If they hustle and play smart i dont care how good they are but i am tired of athletic guys that dont have a clue and a bunch of others jacking threes and living or dying. If a team gets in a crean teams face they shut down and this is what happens

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I think the buyout will be an issue until July 1st of this year. Ideally we would like to fire him now or in April so we can get rolling with a new coach.

However, I think the injury to OG and Collin will give Glass an excuse to keep him on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Buyout won't be an issue at all.

I'm consciously buying tickets to go see the Pacers take on EG and Harden Sunday, knowing it start 30 minutes before IU and I. Don't. Care. I used to religiously cancel plans to watch us, but I'll just check my phone this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I cannot watch this team any more. I was cautiously optimistic heading into this game. I missed the first few possessions but when I turned it on the first possession went a little like this: Newkirk brought the ball up, passed it to somebody in the corner. Literally nobody moved guy in the corner (honestly don't remember, honestly don't care) passed it back to newkirk who then passed it back to the corner and that guy passed it back to Josh who pump faked a Deep 3 (I'm a damn near, if not better better shooter than him) then there was about 10 seconds left so james came to the top of the key and got the ball then passed to I think Bryant in the corner with like 6 on the shot clock who then fumbled and lost the ball out of bounds. I then shook my head, took a deep breath in, and said "yeeeeep", shut it off and played games on my phone the rest of the game

This team has little to no heart, IQ, defense, resilience, mental toughness...the list could go on forever so I'll just stop before I become depressed

I'm consciously buying tickets to go see the Pacers take on EG and Harden Sunday, knowing it start 30 minutes before IU and I. Don't. Care. I used to religiously cancel plans to watch us, but I'll just check my phone this weekend.

Don't even do check it. It's not worth ruining your night

Haha ok big boss man. You must watch a lot of Dayton basketball to know so much about his coaching. Didn't know those games were televised.. 

He probably just watched his tourney games, which he won more than anyone thought he would. With a lot less talent too. If he can win without talent imagine what he could do with talent. It is a little different saying hey wanna come play at Dayton compared to hey wanna come play at IU. Lol I can't believe this argument lasted so long. Wojo had a first rounder which only Providence could claim last year in the Big East and did nothing with it.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Doesn't he play a similar run and gun style to Crean? That's what would worry me about him, is just doing this all over again. I haven't watched any of his USC games, just what I've read.

I have watched quite a few games and they are similar but their offense tends to screen more and run better set plays in half court situations. His defense is improving as well.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

The worst part is, the team will inevitably bounce back at some point and Crean will start getting credited for "keeping things together" while we do just enough to sneak into the tournament. 

I've never seen a luckier coach, in any sport, who got more mileage out of a flash in the pan or had more escape routes than Crean. 

Add a really weak B1G schedule and playing teams at the right time last season as a lucky break for Crean.

I like winning B1G titles but IU needs to send a message to its fans and the rest of the college basketball world. Your job is not safe at Indiana because you won a B1G title and got to a Sweet 16 if you fail miserably the following season.

Make a change!