Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

12 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Does anyone know if Christian Peterson from Carmel ended up signing,?  Young man committed last Summer and didn't sign during the early period.

I checked and didn't see anything about him signed, a Twitter post from late December looked like he was still committed.

6 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I checked and didn't see anything about him signed, a Twitter post from late December looked like he was still committed.

That's what I am seeing as well.  In December, Peterson mentioned that he would sign during the Feb period, but to my knowledge - he hasn't.  What I find odd about is that the staff released their '24 signing class visual on 2/7, inclusive of transfers on social media and he wasn't included.  

I wonder if this is a situation where the staff wants to maintain a solid relationship with the school & community (Carmel) but doesn't see a fit on the roster (which wouldnt be a huge surprise given CCC is at 90-92 scholarship as of today) and is encouraging him to find the right spot behind the scenes?

56 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

That's what I am seeing as well.  In December, Peterson mentioned that he would sign during the Feb period, but to my knowledge - he hasn't.  What I find odd about is that the staff released their '24 signing class visual on 2/7, inclusive of transfers on social media and he wasn't included.  

I wonder if this is a situation where the staff wants to maintain a solid relationship with the school & community (Carmel) but doesn't see a fit on the roster (which wouldnt be a huge surprise given CCC is at 90-92 scholarship as of today) and is encouraging him to find the right spot behind the scenes?

He made an official visit to Indiana last month on January 12th.  Haven't seen anything beyond that -- so haven't seen that he has officially signed BUT also haven't seen that he is reopening his commitment.

SIAP: Way too early IU projection

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/2024-indiana-football-projections-win-total-over-under-sp-rankings-and-a-bowl-game/ar-BB1iigHC?ocid=windirect&cvid=6d41b3863cc54c05a8e751f254eecfff&ei=11

Basically, O/U is 5.5 games, right now -128 under is the favorite. But, Brett Murphy from Action Network has us over, going to Quick Lane Bowl vs Central Michigan. I know it's complete speculation, but fun to read (unlike 90% of the other topics on the board)

Just now, mamasa said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/2024-indiana-football-projections-win-total-over-under-sp-rankings-and-a-bowl-game/ar-BB1iigHC?ocid=windirect&cvid=6d41b3863cc54c05a8e751f254eecfff&ei=11

Basically, O/U is 5.5 games, right now -128 under is the favorite. But, Brett Murphy from Action Network has us over, going to Quick Lane Bowl vs Central Michigan. I know it's complete speculation, but fun to read (unlike 90% of the other topics on the board)

Xmas in Detroit? Ehhhhhh. 

Man beggers can't be choosers, but uhhh... lets just hope we get the Music City Bowl. How about that? lol 

On 2/15/2024 at 9:16 AM, mamasa said:

I'm not a betting man but if I did, I'd smash that over button!

From the article:
In ESPN's Bill Connelly SP+ rankings – which accounts for returning production, recent recruiting success, recent history, and is a predictive measure of the most sustainable and predictable aspects of football, not a résumé ranking – ranks Indiana 90th in the nation with a -8.3 SP+ rating. More specifically, Indiana has a 20.8 offensive SP+ rating (102nd), a 29.1 defensive SP+ rating (66th) and a special 0.1 special teams SP+ rating (63rd).

90. Indiana    -8.3    20.8 (102)    29.1 (66)    0.1 (63)

2023 Ranking
92. Indiana (3-9)    -7.4    19.6 (105)    27.2 (73)    0.3 (63)

IUFB's offense will be ranked in the top 50 or close to it this year. And if the defense can even stay at 66th or just the same as last year they're winning a lot of games. For example all one score games will fall in our favor more times than not. 

Why do you ask I'm saying top 50 offense? JMU. Here are last year's JMU's SP+ Rankings
20. JMU (11-2)    11.8    34.6 (19)    23.7 (43)    1.0 (40)

I can't repeat enough of how good this coach is. We're in for a treat folks. 

Big Ten Media Days will become a 3-day event this summer July 23-25 in Indianapolis.  Our day is Thursday the 25th along with Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota and newcomers Oregon and Washington.

https://hoosierillustrated.com/big-ten-football-media-days-set-for-the-2024-season-indiana-football-availability-announced/#google_vignette