Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'll break them into win probability groups.

Should win:
FIU, GA Southern, @Ill, Rutger, @pu

Toss up:
@UVA, @Maryland

So you're saying there's a chance:
@MSU

Living on a prayer:
O$U, @PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin

Anywhere from 5-8 wins. If QB play is good I think we win 7 games.

I would move MSU into the toss up category. They had an awful year last season and with all their off field issues, who knows how they will look this fall. From an article I saw over the weekend.

"Eight players who were underclassmen on last year’s 3-9 team now have left the program. Linebacker Jon Reschke – who admitted to a making “an insensitive and totally regrettable comment involving a former teammate” – and defensive back Drake Martinez joined Gaines, Lukusa and Lyke in transferring out of MSU. Dantonio dismissed a fourth player, Auston Robertson, after the defensive lineman was charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct in April. MSU also lost defensive lineman Malik McDowell and safety Montae Nicholson to the NFL draft after their junior seasons."

Question. What is dakichs beef with IUFB and Tom Allen?  He was dogging him and the program again today..... I want them to shock the world this year win 8-10 games a **** him up. He's like most iu fans. Talks crap about IU football and loves everyone else. Do people forget for most of the history of time in college football IU has been the Browns of college football coaching carousel and inconsistent ways. For the past 6 years we have actually generated hype and consistency. You don't build a prodominately cellar dweller to national prominence just like that. It takes time and someone who cares. Ie Tom Allen and heck I think kdub deep down cared about iu and its growth 

31 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Question. What is dakichs beef with IUFB and Tom Allen?  He was dogging him and the program again today..... I want them to shock the world this year win 8-10 games a **** him up. He's like most iu fans. Talks crap about IU football and loves everyone else. Do people forget for most of the history of time in college football IU has been the Browns of college football coaching carousel and inconsistent ways. For the past 6 years we have actually generated hype and consistency. You don't build a prodominately cellar dweller to national prominence just like that. It takes time and someone who cares. Ie Tom Allen and heck I think kdub deep down cared about iu and its growth 

I'm fairly certain I just discussed this with you on Twitter ha ha.

10 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Dakich is an idiotic troll. Why anybody is ever surprised at the nonsense that spews out of his mouth anymore is beyond me.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/las-vegas-releases-2017-college-football-win-totals-for-all-130-fbs-teams/

Big Ten

• Ohio State: 10.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
  • Wisconsin: 10.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
  • Penn State: 10 (Over -110, Under -110)
  • Michigan: 8.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
  • Northwestern: 8.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
  • Minnesota: 7.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
  • Iowa: 7 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
  • Nebraska: 7 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
  • Indiana: 6.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
  • Michigan State: 5 (Over -110, Under -110)
  • Illinois: 3.5 (Over EVEN, Under -120)
  • Maryland: 3 (Over -120, Under EVEN)
  • Rutgers: 3 (Over -110, Under -110)
  • Purdue: 2.5 (Over -125, Under +105)

Bleacher Report ranks IU's wide receiver corps as 8th. best in the country ahead of the upcoming season. This is what they had to say:

The group: Simmie Cobbs Jr., RS Jr.; J-Shun Harris II, RS Jr.; Taysir Mack, RS Fr.; Donavan Hale, Jr.; Isaac James, RS So.; Nick Westbrook, Jr.; Justin Berry, RS Fr.; Jonah Morris, RS Fr.; Chris Gajcak, RS So.; Luke Timian, RS Jr.; Phil Benker, RS Fr.; Whop Philyor, Fr.; Tyrese Fryfogle, Fr.

The star: Simmie Cobbs Jr. is a 6'4", 220-pound jumbo target who will be an awesome weapon for first-year offensive coordinator Mike DeBord, and he's also a big reason the Hoosiers could be even better than they were when Kevin Wilson was coaching. He posted 1,035 yards on 60 catches in 2015 before missing all of last year with an ankle injury.

Why they're here: When Cobbs was down a season ago, all Nick Westbrook did was rack up 995 receiving yards, and the Hoosiers also return speedy J-Shun Harris, who has missed the past two seasons with knee injuries. He's the perfect complement to the two big receivers when healthy. The Hoosiers are going to fling around the ball, and they've got the guys to light up the scoreboard. That's three pass-catchers who will compete with anybody in the Big Ten.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715268-ranking-the-best-receiving-corps-for-2017-college-football-season

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's not going to matter if we don't have a quarterback that can get the ball to them /:

I'm hopefully either Lagow improves a lot or the staff isn't afraid to go with someone else. 

Oh he can get the ball to them. The problem is that the other half of the time, there's a good chance that he'll throw it to the other team.

Ramsey looked really, really good at the spring game. And to be fair, so did Lagow, save for one awful throw.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's not going to matter if we don't have a quarterback that can get the ball to them /:

I'm hopefully either Lagow improves a lot or the staff isn't afraid to go with someone else. 

Yeah I'm excited about our future, but if Lagow is QB we'll have a mediocre season imo.

4 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

Oh he can get the ball to them. The problem is that the other half of the time, there's a good chance that he'll throw it to the other team.

Ramsey looked really, really good at the spring game. And to be fair, so did Lagow, save for one awful throw.

Lol very true. He'll throw catchable passes but you never know which team they're catchable for. Hopefully the new staff can help him out, we can't have all the multi-pick games we had last year.

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Yeah I'm excited about our future, but if Lagow is QB we'll have a mediocre season imo.

I'm hoping for better offensive playcalling. It seemed like last year we would run the same run plays over and over again even when they weren't working. I remember way too many "short gain up the middle, short gain up the middle, 3rd and long" situations. Lagow has a big arm but he gives the ball away way too much. If that happens again this year the coaches can't be so hesitant to make a change. 

I'm hoping for better offensive playcalling. It seemed like last year we would run the same run plays over and over again even when they weren't working. I remember way too many "short gain up the middle, short gain up the middle, 3rd and long" situations. Lagow has a big arm but he gives the ball away way too much. If that happens again this year the coaches can't be so hesitant to make a change. 

(For some reason, I can't quote the first chunk of your post, but this is re: that first paragraph)

The problem is, Lagow doesn't really throw that catchable of a ball. He either throws it entirely too hard, it comes out looking like a wobbly punt, throws it right into the ground, or some mix of all 3 of those. I really wish he could figure it out because he has a cannon, but if he hasn't after this many years and this many schools...well...

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

(For some reason, I can't quote the first chunk of your post, but this is re: that first paragraph)

The problem is, Lagow doesn't really throw that catchable of a ball. He either throws it entirely too hard, it comes out looking like a wobbly punt, throws it right into the ground, or some mix of all 3 of those. I really wish he could figure it out because he has a cannon, but if he hasn't after this many years and this many schools...well...

That's pretty much how I feel about him too. He's going to be a 5th year senior and he still has all these problems. He has the frame and arm strength to be a good quarterback, but that's about it. Unless there's a huge drop off between him and the rest of the QB's I would rather start a young guy like Ramsey and look toward the future.