Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SF Musa Jallow to Ohio State

Scout has Phinsee at 61 and Rivals is 122. ESPN he isnt in top 100, but I have seen enough out of him not to worry about rankings too much. Jallow I can see him jumping up to the 50s in most services some even higher. If he had a consistent jumper or he adds it he could easily make a jump into 20-30 range.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sounds like a good question to ask Meyer on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am not on twitter. 

But yeah ESPN, Scout, Rivals, 247, Future 150, Verbal commits all have him as a 4 star but then the composite comes back 3 star. 

If anybody cares enough to ask would appreciate it

I am not on twitter. 
But yeah ESPN, Scout, Rivals, 247, Future 150, Verbal commits all have him as a 4 star but then the composite comes back 3 star. 
If anybody cares enough to ask would appreciate it

http://appalachianstate.247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574
Not sure if this helps or not

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Unless there's 1 where he's rated like 250th there's no way his average could drop this far. 

Which if they are using the wrong espn profile that would be exactly what is happening. Actually both profiles are 4 stars. 1 is rated an 80 though

From this last weekend's NY2LA Lone Star Invitational.

MUSA JALLOW – 2018 – G/F – TEAM BLAZE SELECT
Jallow probably didn’t have the weekend he wanted, scoring-wise at least, but he still played really strong in many different facets of the game. With his size and athleticism, Jallow played tough defensively and rebounded the ball pretty well. Offensively, he did a nice job of attacking the paint where he attracts so much defensive attention that it opened up a lot of options for his teammates to play off him. He also shot it alright from the mid-range area and was tough to stop when he did get to the rim.

Jallow is 50 on 247's on in-house rankings. It's not clear from the article linked what major services contribute to 247's Composite, but Jallow is ranked 85 on Rivals, 95 on Scout, and a four-star on both. The issue might be with ESPN, which should probably lose its status as a major service at this point.

As noted above, ESPN has two different profiles, one for a Musa Jallow and one for a Musa Jalloh. The former has him graded at 80, which would be in the 100-150 range, while the latter has him graded at 85, which would rank him in the 60's. But ESPN also hasn't updated their 2018 rankings from a top 60 to a top 100 yet, which means they haven't updated their ranking of the 2018 class in a good long while. It also means Jallow currently gets a big fat Not Ranked from ESPN, which is the only reason I can think why his Composite would be in the 140's.

ESPN stopped caring about college basketball recruiting a long time ago, and their reliability has been going downhill for years. If this is what has affected Jallow's profile, it might be worth considering this variable when looking at the profiles of other Indiana targets. Until ESPN starts updating, the in-house rankings on 247 might be more reliable than the composite.

18 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Jallow is 50 on 247's on in-house rankings. It's not clear from the article linked what major services contribute to 247's Composite, but Jallow is ranked 85 on Rivals, 95 on Scout, and a four-star on both. The issue might be with ESPN, which should probably lose its status as a major service at this point.

As noted above, ESPN has two different profiles, one for a Musa Jallow and one for a Musa Jalloh. The former has him graded at 80, which would be in the 100-150 range, while the latter has him graded at 85, which would rank him in the 60's. But ESPN also hasn't updated their 2018 rankings from a top 60 to a top 100 yet, which means they haven't updated their ranking of the 2018 class in a good long while. It also means Jallow currently gets a big fat Not Ranked from ESPN, which is the only reason I can think why his Composite would be in the 140's.

ESPN stopped caring about college basketball recruiting a long time ago, and their reliability has been going downhill for years. If this is what has affected Jallow's profile, it might be worth considering this variable when looking at the profiles of other Indiana targets. Until ESPN starts updating, the in-house rankings on 247 might be more reliable than the composite.

Kinda hope you are a little wrong about 247 they have Phinisee really low

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Kinda hope you are a little wrong about 247 they have Phinisee really low

Don't worry, Rob's Composite score isn't affected. He doesn't even have a profile on ESPN, so being unranked there isn't bringing down his ranking. If you visit Rob's profile on 247, his Composite score only shows three out of four pips filled in, which confirms that only his 247 (172), Scout (61) and Rivals (122) rankings are being factored.

Edited by Maedhros

Jallow plays on the NY2LA circuit and online game stats are virtually non-existent.  Typically the best I can find is the occassional short narrative of his performance.  This from last night's event in Hopkins, MN.

Musa Jallow – 2018 – G/F – Team Blaze
There just aren’t a lot of weak points or places you can point out and critique when it comes to Jallow’s game. Jallow is a worker that stuffs the stat sheet. Offensively, he’s a kid you can isolate on the block, the high post, or the perimeter and let him go to work. He displayed a terrific mid-range game, knocking in contested off-balance shots. Even during an off night shooting the basketball, Jallow didn’t sulk or let it affect the rest of his game. He still grabbed eight boards and dished out three assists in a loss to AUSA Hoops Platinum. 

Is there a good reason that Jallow isn't playing on one of the three big shoe circuits? Seems like Indiana Elite or Spiece would be good fits.

From what I've always heard, it's a comfort thing. He has always played with his current team and wanted to remain loyal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, HoosierD said:

From what I've always heard, it's a comfort thing. He has always played with his current team and wanted to remain loyal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ditto.  Similar to incoming recruit Cliff Moore last summer not playing on any of the majors.

1 minute ago, goonaha said:

That's very admirable of Jallow. He definitely loses a lot of potential exposure in doing so. However, I think that can be a positive for IU's recruitment since the staff has such easy access to him during the high school season.

Hope so.