Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

I'm just gonna leave this right here

Alright, I have to ask how you know that there has been no whispers through back channels? First, you would have to prove a negative for that to be true. Second, I have seen at least one source that says there was a back channel whisper. Not sure whether that was by anyone who made a difference, or whether it was a connected and overenthusiastic fan. The bolded part is what Stevens answer was reputed to be, more or less.

I mean I don't know for sure, but right now the only "rumors" we are hearing are weak. All these articles have stated is that Crean is in a bit of hot water, Stevens is from Indiana, and there might be a future possibility of him coming to coach. Thats not a super strong rumor and is just stating the obvious that everyone has know about for awhile. If it came out that Stevens was even close to being unhappy in Boston or that upper management in Boston was putting pressure on him to win now, Id give all these rumors a little more attention, but the fact is there people are grabbing ahold of nothing right now

TC is the coach and has my total support, if and when the day comes when he is not, I will totally support whomever the coach is. I'm an IU fan first. All this speculation and Crean bashing is helping no one. Mostly the team, coach is coach until he isn't. And deserves support.

Because there is speculation of the next potential coach, where is anyone bashing Crean in this thread? You may call it a Christmas wish list but the Crean bashing can be found in most any other thread other than this. This ones about Brad Stevens.

Alright, I have to ask how you know that there has been no whispers through back channels? First, you would have to prove a negative for that to be true. Second, I have seen at least one source that says there was a back channel whisper. Not sure whether that was by anyone who made a difference, or whether it was a connected and overenthusiastic fan. The bolded part is what Stevens answer was reputed to be, more or less.

Thanks for the post. If his reply was even close to what's bolded, then the administration knows exactly what needs to be done. A lot of coaches take positions over their abilities where it doesn't work out and we are seeing it with football and Florida as an example. Muschamp realized he didn't win enough, took his 6 million buyout, and will get paid 1.7 million next year to do what he does best which is coach defense for Auburn. At Indiana, Crean can realize he didn't win enough, take his ridiculous buyout and Glass with him for agreeing to it, and get paid $150,000 to do what he does best which is graduate kids at Michigan State. Everyone is happy.

Remember when Crean got the job here. We had people tracking flights and insiders giving tips and we thought we were getting Lon Kruger. Then all of a sudden the news switches and about the time Crean arrives in Bloomington we find out who the coach is.

The point is that back channel whispers can be very quiet and if anyone is talking to any coach about replacing Crean they better not let word get out. We did it before when we hired Crean and IF we replace him I suspect and hope we do not hear about back channel discussions.

Thanks for the post. If his reply was even close to what's bolded, then the administration knows exactly what needs to be done. A lot of coaches take positions over their abilities where it doesn't work out and we are seeing it with football and Florida as an example. Muschamp realized he didn't win enough, took his 6 million buyout, and will get paid 1.7 million next year to do what he does best which is coach defense for Auburn. At Indiana, Crean can realize he didn't win enough, take his ridiculous buyout and Glass with him for agreeing to it, and get paid $150,000 to do what he does best which is graduate kids at Michigan State. Everyone is happy.

I am not going to give any guarantees as to the credibility of the source. It may or may not have happened. I highly doubt that CTC will be working as a assistant coach again. If things don't work out at IU, there will be plenty of schools lining up to hire him. And I sincerely hope that Glass doesn't leave. He's been good for IU athletics. And though the buyout is ridiculous, Glass has definitely been top notch so far in hirings.

I am not going to give any guarantees as to the credibility of the source. It may or may not have happened. I highly doubt that CTC will be working as a assistant coach again. If things don't work out at IU, there will be plenty of schools lining up to hire him. And I sincerely hope that Glass doesn't leave. He's been good for IU athletics. And though the buyout is ridiculous, Glass has definitely been top notch so far in hirings.

Some people forget that there are 23 sports not called basketball here. Most of which are fairly successful.

Some people forget that there are 23 sports not called basketball here. Most of which are fairly successful.

How about the only other revenue producing sport? I don't care if you win championships in the other 22, if you suck in the most important two you won't have a legacy. Unless you're Purdue!

How about the only other revenue producing sport? I don't care if you win championships in the other 22, if you suck in the most important two you won't have a legacy. Unless you're Purdue!

So the point of being a college AD is to leave a legacy? Besides, the 2 revenue sports will bring in revenue regardless of results. Basketball team underperformed last year and we brought in more money than the Vic, Cody year.

So the point of being a college AD is to leave a legacy? Besides, the 2 revenue sports will bring in revenue regardless of results. Basketball team underperformed last year and we brought in more money than the Vic, Cody year.

I guess the question is whether or not the amount of money brought in today is enough. I think it is nice that other sports have done well. Wasn't it just two years ago we almost won the college cup? Still if the two revenue sports do not do well then I suspect mr glass will find his seat hotter than he wants.

If you're not interested in leaving a legacy then why get into it in the first place? Wasn't Glass a well paid attorney? I seriously doubt he took the job for more $, and most well paid coaches don't leave for the same reason. We had a great, winning coach at Indiana baseball as a perfect example. Its the same reason we will get a great, top coach for our basketball program when Crean leaves. As far as bringing in more money last year than the Cody and Vic years, I could understand it with Big $ growing although I am skeptical. Boosters don't boost when your flagship program underperforms and a lot of times this is why changes are made.

If you're not interested in leaving a legacy then why get into it in the first place? Wasn't Glass a well paid attorney? I seriously doubt he took the job for more $, and most well paid coaches don't leave for the same reason. We had a great, winning coach at Indiana baseball as a perfect example. Its the same reason we will get a great, top coach for our basketball program when Crean leaves. As far as bringing in more money last year than the Cody and Vic years, I could understand it with Big $ growing although I am skeptical. Boosters don't boost when your flagship program underperforms and a lot of times this is why changes are made.

Sure your goal is to leave a legacy, but not for personal fulfillment. If you've helped student athletes succeed on the field, in the classroom, and after school you've done your job. You may look at the job differently, but I personally look at it almost the same as being a teacher. You take the job for the program and the people you are overseeing (student athletes), not for yourself. That may be what you meant, so my bad if I misread you there. As far as money, I read somewhere that we had brought in more money this year (as of August or July, I believe) than the year before in the same time period, but can't seem to find the tweet/article.

Which means nothing. Look at what just happened with the Cubs.

Hard to compare any team to the Cubs…they haven't had a winning record since 2008 so its pretty obvious that they would have a coaching change...

Its a perfect comparison to what you said. You can't pick and choose which situations you deem fit

Its not even close. Cubs haven't had a winning season since 08'. IU has had three winning seasons in a row. If IU had as dismal record as the Cubs then yes I could see your point. But comparing teams at two different ends of the spectrum doesn't make sense. If a team has a few winning seasons in a row, a coaching change is not expected. When you are the Cubs and you haven't been relevant in years, a coaching change could be expected yearly. I not saying picking and choosing situations but bringing up a situation with a team that hasn't had even a .500 record since 08' and a team that has been above .500 for at least three years in a row is way different. Not even close

Its not even close. Cubs haven't had a winning season since 08'. IU has had three winning seasons in a row. If IU had as dismal record as the Cubs then yes I could see your point. But comparing teams at two different ends of the spectrum doesn't make sense. If a team has a few winning seasons in a row, a coaching change is not expected. When you are the Cubs and you haven't been relevant in years, a coaching change could be expected yearly. I not saying picking and choosing situations but bringing up a situation with a team that hasn't had even a .500 record since 08' and a team that has been above .500 for at least three years in a row is way different. Not even close

What a joke. Keep trying to pick and choose bud.