Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
djsalway

(2014) C Jeremiah April to IU

Nice story from 247

http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/Indiana-commit-Jeremiah-April-could-contribute-immediately-28250804

Sounds like Jeremiah is a late bloomer, was going to get a lot more attention nationally had the coaching staff not been alerted by his coaches about him and swooped in before that was possible.

I honestly think Jeremiah will play a decent bit next year

From the Indy Star article 

"The hard thing was just getting him (academically) cleared," said Pamela Nailing, Jeremiah's mother. "It was definitely a journey. Indiana came out of nowhere. We don't know how they got his name. God did it."

The 247 article said he is an excellent student.

I think we got in on name recognition lol.  He knows nothing about our offense.  I could see Shooter walking in with an IU cell cover, IU shirt, Candy Stripe pants, and IU folder saying, "IU Biatches"…  April nods his head approvingly and says, "yes it is".   

Thanks for posting the interview, Pap. The more I get to know JA, the more I like him. I appreciate his humble attitude along with his work ethic. He is not entitled to anything and willing to work for his time. Hope he wears out his Cook Hall swipe card and becomes best buds with Coach Jackson.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="61652" timestamp="1398184978"]The kid recognizes he needs work BUT WANTS TO LEARN. He wants to play for IU. He feels blessed to be a Hoosier. Congrats April, you are now my favorite recruit.[/quote] Personally I like all our guys this year. Even JB2 who almost "betrayed" us. The fact that he could've gone almost anywhere but came back gives me the impression that he REALLY wants to be a Hoosier. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Personally I like all our guys this year. Even JB2 who almost "betrayed" us. The fact that he could've gone almost anywhere but came back gives me the impression that he REALLY wants to be a Hoosier. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All our guys this year want to be Hoosiers. That's a good thing.

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="61660" timestamp="1398185578"]All our guys this year want to be Hoosiers. That's a good thing.[/quote]

Does it seem to anybody else that it's been a few years, I guess since the sheeladipo class that we've had a group of guys who ALL want to be Hoosiers?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="CR3AMnCR1MS0N" post="61662" timestamp="1398185920"]Does it seem to anybody else that it's been a few years, I guess since the sheeladipo class that we've had a group of guys who ALL want to be Hoosiers?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

What makes you think this? The recruits the last few years have said similar things.

If you are using April's comments I think you also have to note that he really does not know who we are. He is not familiar with our offense and has not been to the campus.

Noah, Troy and Stan did not want to be here?

The 12 class did not want to come either?

Zeller and Austin only chose IU because they like red?

What makes you think this? The recruits the last few years have said similar things.

If you are using April's comments I think you also have to note that he really does not know who we are. He is not familiar with our offense and has not been to the campus.

Vonleh and Etherington are bad examples

I think this is a good point. Every recruit says the same things before they arrive on campus. And why shouldn't they? A comparison I can think of is during spring training when every baseball player wants to tell you they're in the best shape of their life. 

April didn't even know the name of the university and probably has no idea what a Hoosier is. I don't have a problem with that as long as he comes in and works hard. 

"Wanting to be a Hoosier" is the default when you commit, not a standard of excellence. 

I think this is a good point. Every recruit says the same things before they arrive on campus. And why shouldn't they? A comparison I can think of is during spring training when every baseball player wants to tell you they're in the best shape of their life. 

April didn't even know the name of the university and probably has no idea what a Hoosier is. I don't have a problem with that as long as he comes in and works hard. 

"Wanting to be a Hoosier" is the default when you commit, not a standard of excellence. 

IIRC even Trey Lyles said it was his dream when he committed here.

Like you said, wanting to be there is really just a pre-canned line for recruits.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="61673" timestamp="1398188802"]Vonleh and Etherington are bad examples[/quote]

Why are they bad examples?