Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Stevie Boy Wonder Fired at UCLA

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Interesting: UCLA, trailing by nine with a minute left, forced OT and won at Oregon last night. Bruins are 3-0 under Murray Bartow. ... I read a couple websites that speculated the players were not terribly fond of Alford -- to put it kindly .. Wouldn't it be crazy if Bartow got them on track and got them to the NCAAs? ... Would they keep him (like we did with Mike Davis) or go after a bigger name? . 

Have to at least look for somebody who is proven. 

But it’s amazing how getting rid of the wrong guy can have dramatic results

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie Miller > Steve Alford

Tom Crean > Steve Alford

Murray Bartow > Steve Alford

Hell ... for old times sake, THIS GUY is potentially better than Steve Alford ;)

doing five thugs at once an listening to people like u u talk about how crean turned this program around gets old we what has crean done in 6 years but win one big ten title. An not to say was probably one of the best teams iu ever had has to me was a bigger let down than us not making the tourney this year. What has crean done indiana basketball doesn't care about sweet sixteens we r about banners an competing for at the top along side the best. We r far from tht. Crean is probably one of the worst coaches with x's an o's in the big ten an has no idea when it comes to the bench an subs. An no I'm a cutter grew up in btown an yah I can't spell oh well an not saying much if ur niece can spell better than me. But I have been around here along time have a state ring with Bloomington north in 99' an have coached middle school bob for 12 years an have been part of indiana elite program for awhile an I knw many of these kids on the team an around the state. Ur probably just one of these kids tht came into town went to school an think u really knw what iu basketball really is. But us here born an raised bleed basketball an iu basketball.

That was painful to read but I powered through for old times sake

51 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie Miller > Steve Alford

Tom Crean > Steve Alford

Murray Bartow > Steve Alford

Hell ... for old times sake, THIS GUY is potentially better than Steve Alford ;)

fivestarhtm

doing five thugs at once an listening to people like u u talk about how crean turned this program around gets old we what has crean done in 6 years but win one big ten title. An not to say was probably one of the best teams iu ever had has to me was a bigger let down than us not making the tourney this year. What has crean done indiana basketball doesn't care about sweet sixteens we r about banners an competing for at the top along side the best. We r far from tht. Crean is probably one of the worst coaches with x's an o's in the big ten an has no idea when it comes to the bench an subs. An no I'm a cutter grew up in btown an yah I can't spell oh well an not saying much if ur niece can spell better than me. But I have been around here along time have a state ring with Bloomington north in 99' an have coached middle school bob for 12 years an have been part of indiana elite program for awhile an I knw many of these kids on the team an around the state. Ur probably just one of these kids tht came into town went to school an think u really knw what iu basketball really is. But us here born an raised bleed basketball an iu basketball.

I hadn't seen this before -- and wish I hadn't now. I went from feeling pretty good to having a very bad headache in less than two minutes. 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I hadn't seen this before -- and wish I hadn't now. I went from feeling pretty good to having a very bad headache in less than two minutes. 

I am impressed it only took 2 minutes to read that, I had to go back and reread and start over so many times to try to read it...

42 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Oh no. I’m afraid we are going to have to put you in concussion protocol with that headache. I kid I kid. 

Does anyone still have that court document (I think that’s what it was) about Alford trying to help his player cover up everything ? I really wanna read all that. Never had the chance

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

43 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Does anyone still have that court document (I think that’s what it was) about Alford trying to help his player cover up everything ? I really wanna read all that. Never had the chance

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Iowa report

This is the report the University released following  its investigation of the whole fiasco, if that is what you're referring to .