Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

Alt-jersey the QBs and take it down to 2 games. Depth/fringe guys still need the preseason because you aren’t re-creating a game situation in joint practices, especially for guys way down the depth chart. 

If they get rid of it I won’t care though because watching football coaches overthink who to play or not play in the preseason gets more annoying every year. To my knowledge he’s healthy, so someone please explain to me why Michael Penix doesn’t need NFL reps. 

3 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

I’m feeling like today represents the quintessential Anthony Richardson experience this year. He’s gonna make 3 or 4 super human plays a game and otherwise he’s not gonna be very efficient at all and the question will be whether the fruit from those 3 or 4 plays is enough to win. Gonna make this prediction right now: Despite having maybe the best running QB in the League, 1 of the very best RB’s and 1 of the most expensive OL’s this team will finish the year with negative time of possession. Yeah, the defense getting off the field on 3rd down is a thing, but this team’s not gonna consistently drive the ball and when your QB is a 55% passer who struggles to keep drives alive that is an awful lot of stopped clock and asking a lot of your defense. But it will absolutely be fun to watch. 

Defense was decent/good at pass rush.  Total garbage everywhere else.

Richardson still has accuracy issues.  Is almost bad at it even.

Damn.

Based on expectations the offensie line was really disappointing. Didn't do a good job protecting AR. Did nothing to help JT. For a unit with so many dudes that have gotten paid pretty disappointing. 

Defense was bad. Did they do anything well besides get some sacks? Run defense was awful, defensive secondary was about as bad as advertised. 

Tight end group continues to be bad. 

More good than bad from AR. 

Tom Brady has a long, long way to go as an analyst. This isn’t a natural thing for him in any way. And I really don’t get the idea of paying almost 40 mil a year for him. 

They just posted the youngest HC’s in the NFL right now and Sean McVay, in his EIGHTH season, is still the 3rd youngest. That is something. 

The more I think about it, the more upset I get at Anthony Richardson's 47% completion percentage.  It seems like almost every ball he throws is a 50/50 ball.  Today a few of those landed.  Most of them did not.  Quite a few landed nowhere near their target.

He has to improve his accuracy or he's a bust.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

The more I think about it, the more upset I get at Anthony Richardson's 47% completion percentage.  It seems like almost every ball he throws is a 50/50 ball.  Today a few of those landed.  Most of them did not.  Quite a few landed nowhere near their target.

He has to improve his accuracy or he's a bust.

.... please don't let AR be the new Luck to you

I'm not saying AR was great, but getting on AR when the defense was a trashfire, the offensive line couldn't block anything. But this is exactly what you did with Luck who willed some bad Colts teams to some level of competency. 

9 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm not saying AR was great, but getting on AR when the defense was a trashfire, the offensive line couldn't block anything. But this is exactly what you did with Luck who willed some bad Colts teams to some level of competency. 

Richardson wasn't good.  5th start

Luck never played anywhere close to that poorly. Now, 5th start ever right? And missing Downs. I'm not that worried, but he was not good at all.  

Richardson has quite a bit more help, now, than Luck ever did.  

3 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Richardson wasn't good.  5th start

Luck never played anywhere close to that poorly. Now, 5th start ever right? And missing Downs. I'm not that worried, but he was not good at all.  

Richardson has quite a bit more help, now, than Luck ever did.  

I really want him to be great. To go along with the ridiculous tools he seems like such a good kid. But I just feel like within his range of outcome is one in which he gets everyone fired because he turns into the all-time tease.

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

I really want him to be great. To go along with the ridiculous tools he seems like such a good kid. But I just feel like within his range of outcome is one in which he gets everyone fired because he turns into the all-time tease.

Agree. I will say... week 1, no Downs, 5th NFL start ever, just sat out 11 months vs. a well above average defense. 

Ballard preaches winning in the trenches.  Well, we haven't been too good at that on both sides of the ball dating back a few years. 

55-60-1 under Ballard yikes.  If the AR plan fails, Ballard has to go.  

24 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Ballard preaches winning in the trenches.  Well, we haven't been too good at that on both sides of the ball dating back a few years. 

55-60-1 under Ballard yikes.  If the AR plan fails, Ballard has to go.  

That's completely not true. We were the best team in the NFL in pass pro last season and 2nd in rushing OL grades. We have the 2nd best OL in football (or did last season) we still need to perform that way this season, obviously. 

DL had a franchise record for sacks. Cmon now. 

And that's fine, if it does fail, it's still the right pick. 

21 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Andrew Luck would have 4 turnovers in a game the Colts lost by 5 and I'd hear about how Luck played so well and almost pulled the team to a win.  After turning the ball over 4 times.  Really?  That dude was a turnover machine and it drove me crazy.  

Richardson isn't that, he is inaccurate.  To the point where it's causing problems.  That has to get fixed.

10 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

That's completely not true. We were the best team in the NFL in pass pro last season and 2nd in rushing OL grades. We have the 2nd best OL in football (or did last season) we still need to perform that way this season, obviously. 

DL had a franchise record for sacks. Cmon now. 

And that's fine, if it does fail, it's still the right pick. 

That sack number is one of the fakest numbers imagineable. Their pressure rate was awful last year.