Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not all that surprised, from JTs midweek PC, to what the writers were saying, to the way Ballard acted... I never thought Taylor would be playing anywhere else. 

A few of the podcast for the colts apparently had pretty good intel on this and they could feel a shift a week or so ago. A few of the locals, Holder maybe, described matters as is they were impassable. 

it was probably a little of both but he was an important guy and seemed like a bit of a compromise here at JT was seeking more initially ($16 million) 

What's the worse decision?  Going for it on 4th down with no timeouts or a designed run by a qb with injury issues?
Dude can't stay healthy and I fear this is going to be the case going forward. Evidently had a problem with nagging injuries in college also. They were just never enough to keep him out of games. I don't understand how a guy 6'4" and 240 is this fragile.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Dude can't stay healthy and I fear this is going to be the case going forward. Evidently had a problem with nagging injuries in college also. They were just never enough to keep him out of games. I don't understand how a guy 6'4" and 240 is this fragile.

Less worried about things like yesterday than I am that he‘s 21 and he’s now had 2 concussions in 2 years. 

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Grade 3 AC joint sprain. Out a minimum of a month.

I was worried about drafting Young because he wouldn't be able to handle NFL hits. Too bad, he looked really good before he got knocked out.

Colts go to Germany to play Pats and then have a bye at the four week mark. My guess is he misses five games and we see him the week after Thanksgiving against the Bucs which would give him a full seven weeks to heal and Colts will be extra cautious.

Not liking how injury prone AR has been.  It is not like we have had him running that much either.  It looks like they have him at 6.25 runs per game which is higher than i expected but that probably includes sacks. 

Captain checkdown looking like straight garbage so far. 

You'll never beat good NFL teams when you can't trust your QB to throw the ball more than 5 yards consistently. 

Edit: Unless the other team is missing about half their starters like Baltimore was

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Captain checkdown looking like straight garbage so far. 

You'll never beat good NFL teams when you can't trust your QB to throw the ball more than 5 yards consistently. 

Edit: Unless the other team is missing about half their starters like Baltimore was

Minshew does indeed suck.

3 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Wouldn’t really be a fan with AR out. Seasons over, and Jeudy will have to be paid soon. Would prefer a round 1 WR next year. 

I guess we will see what Ballard does.  But I view the Indy has in the playoff hunt even with Cashew at QB and another "weapon" wouldn't hurt as long as it isn't too expensive.