Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

On a similar topic to spending, I created a dashboard using the College Athletics Financial Information Database to assess college athletics revenue for all FBS schools. The data is aggregated for all sports, I could have broken down by sport, but I haven't yet. The dataset includes expense data too, which, again, I could have done and probably will, but I haven't yet visualized it yet.

https://public.tableau.com/shared/N6XWMGDST?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

I use this data in a course that I teach on data visualization and the students have to create a dashboard similar to the one above in class. They find it incredibly interesting, especially those who love college sports!

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A few of those schools have little to show for their "effort."

20 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

we're 29th and spend 859K per the report that 247 used.

here's the source

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/an-analysis-of-football-recruiting-costs/

IMO, the overall spend is a drop in the bucket for most top teams as boosters likely foot most of the bill. The article talks about the value of "loaned" transportation counting lol.... 

Not sure but I think teams are only allowed to pay for a limited number of visits per year, so I'm sure many schools would love to spend more if they could. 

Terrible overrule of a strip sack fumble TD in the Mich-Mich St game. I hate replay so much now. Supposed to be clear and obvious. Has become let’s re-officiate the play from scratch based on what we sort of think may possibly have kind of happened. No visual evidence necessary. Freaking hate it. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd rather see them than a 2 loss Alabama or Ohio State that can't win their conference title. Or even Oklahoma. 

I’m good on seeing them get beat by 40. I want to see the best 4 teams. Cincy isn’t in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But they are #2. 

Do you think they’re the 2nd best team in the country? Because that’s what the CFP committee is supposed to base it on. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That's completely subjective. Someone could say 4 SEC teams. 

So, you don’t think they’re #2 then? The entire CFP process is subjective. Even the BCS was subjective because it took polls into account. There isn’t an objective way to do it unless you do automatic qualifiers for all spots. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

So, you don’t think they’re #2 then? The entire CFP process is subjective. Even the BCS was subjective because it took polls into account. There isn’t an objective way to do it unless you do automatic qualifiers for all spots. 

I think Cincy belongs if they go undefeated. No 1 loss team should go ahead of them. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think Cincy belongs if they go undefeated. No 1 loss team should go ahead of them. 

I don’t disagree with that. I just hope they lose so one of the 3 CFP games isn’t them getting boat raced. From your first response, I personally would much rather see 2 loss Bama or OSU in a semifinal than undefeated Cincy, but I agree that *shouldn’t* happen.