Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Wow -- what an incredible play by Penix. 
Great scramble. Great throw.  (And the receiver did make a great catch!) 
Doesn't look like either team plans on stopping the run in this one

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Should be the game clinching touchdown.  Penix has to the clear cut leader for the Heisman.

Too bad the divisions will keep him vs. Nix Part 2 from happening to decide it a week before the ceremony. That’d be a hell of a storyline (and rematch).

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Too bad the divisions will keep him vs. Nix Part 2 from happening to decide it a week before the ceremony. That’d be a hell of a storyline (and rematch).

Actually I had this wrong, no divisions anymore. This could still happen. And I hope it does. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Screenshot_20231105-115714.png

Like..... what does Washington have to do to get up there. Michigan has literally played nobody so far. 

Washington has two big wins. Ohio State has 2 big wins. Georiga has one big win. Florida State has some solid wins. 

I don't even care about the cheating with this topic. And I'd argue Michigan is probably the best team in the nation. But, it'd be nice if voting reflected what teams have done so far. Washington beating Oregon and OSU winning @ND are lightyears better than anything Michigan has done on the field this year. 

34 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Like..... what does Washington have to do to get up there. Michigan has literally played nobody so far. 

Washington has two big wins. Ohio State has 2 big wins. Georiga has one big win. Florida State has some solid wins. 

I don't even care about the cheating with this topic. And I'd argue Michigan is probably the best team in the nation. But, it'd be nice if voting reflected what teams have done so far. Washington beating Oregon and OSU winning @ND are lightyears better than anything Michigan has done on the field this year. 

But Michigan has been able to dominate in multiple games. I think Washingtons defense is holding it back. It is for me. They just have to stay within striking distance and keep winning. Not so much about resume but the eye test.

On 9/30/2023 at 2:23 PM, Hovadipo said:

Outside of their front, USC is horrendous on defense. IU fans thought the Hiller situation was bad… Alex Grinch has some dirt on Riley. There’s no other explanation. 

Washington will lay 60 on them. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38826392/usc-fires-defensive-coordinator-alex-grinch-2-games-left

Well, they only dropped 52 on them. But I guess that got it done.

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

Just not sure what exactly they learned between…4 years ago?…and last night that brought them to that decision in week freakin’ 10 lol. 

16 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Just not sure what exactly they learned between…4 years ago?…and last night that brought them to that decision in week freakin’ 10 lol. 

Pretty sure he wasn’t surprised. Every time they flashed to him during the game the guy looked like he was ready to welcome sweet release of death. 

You know, there are disagreements here between posters, but it's generally a 6th grade playground level of disagreements. I was on boiler upload (just to laugh)- man, their posts in their football threads are vicious!! The Brohm and Purdue coach found w/ illegal electronic device threads specifically. #LEO

13 minutes ago, mamasa said:

You know, there are disagreements here between posters, but it's generally a 6th grade playground level of disagreements. I was on boiler upload (just to laugh)- man, their posts in their football threads are vicious!! The Brohm and Purdue coach found w/ illegal electronic device threads specifically. #LEO

I also have noticed that Purdoo boards are vicious, even amongst themselves. Not just hating on them, lots of genuine bitterness and anger in Boilerworld, it's good entertainment! 

In other news it appears the Prime Colorado hype train is completely de-railed now: Samuel L Jackson blasts Sanders

On 11/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, Hardwood83 said:

In other news it appears the Prime Colorado hype train is completely de-railed now: Samuel L Jackson blasts Sanders

I caught Coach Prime today on the Dan Patrick Show.  He came across to me as a blappering idiot.  Of course I have always thought that he would be better off if he just kept his mouth shut.