Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

incrediboy

Btown Banners - Deceptive Site?

If you click details, then "visit this unsafe site" it will take you here. Not sure exactly what's going on but it's being looked into. 

That worked, had to go through two rounds of it, but it worked.

We have isolated the malicious redirect code!!! However, they still put in upwards of 10 back doors to enter the system and put the code back in. Therefore we are going to do an entire site reset this evening. It will go back to plain Jane tonight. I'm going to start at10pm and could take upwards of 8 hours.

I apologize for the delay and missing some of the games tonight, but there is no other option. Now that google has blacklisted the site, we will die from lack of traffic and advertising funds to keep the site up. We've already experienced a large decrease in advertising over the last couple months.

I know many of you hate advertising, and I'm with you, but after running this site I have learned it is a necessary evil for sites to stay alive. Remember that moving forward on sites you visit and turn ad blocker off for those sites to help support. The other option is a donation subscription.

We will get this site to where I promised 7 months ago. My apologies to Hutch as I have not delivered what was promised on the content side of the site. Stick with us guys, some big things in the works this summer across the IU landscape of sites. I expect BtownBanners to continue our growth and maintain our status as best forum on the web.

These malicious F's deserve death! Just my opinion. 

I'm still getting the "deceptive site" warning... Also, is there any way to access the old site format? The "unread content" page shows me each individual post rather than the threads that have updates making it more difficult to navigate.

48 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Deceptive site will show up until Google goes through our appeal process that everything was removed. The format can get adjusted, honestly we are learning it as we go.

This was a brand new platform (4.0 vs 3.2 we were using before.). That being said, there will be some growing pains, but we'll work to fix them and get them back.

Cool cool, thanks!

The only way to visit the site on mobile is if I go into private mode. Not sure why. But if not in private mode I get a fatal error message whenever I try to access the site