Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Why would Collin Sexton go to Alabama? 

Kids r weird. We know what goes on.. and from what I heard about Romeo's family thinking... idk.

Fair point. I just think folks are overvaluing the fact that if DG goes there it's all of a sudden a huge advantage for them getting RL. I think Romeo will want to go to a blue bood and get the exposure. Just my opinion though. 

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Fair point. I just think folks are overvaluing the fact that if DG goes there it's all of a sudden a huge advantage for them getting RL. I think Romeo will want to go to a blue bood and get the exposure. Just my opinion though. 

Agreed about Romeo. Would hope Dg want some it also

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

At this day in age, I don't think blue bloods matter to much in terms of exposure. Look at what happened to Ben Simmons? Played in a decent conference of course, but LSU is not a basketball school. I know it's just one example, but I'm sure there's others. Collin Sexton and Ben Simmons are just examples that come to my mind recently. 

We'll find out this list this weekend and go from there. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

At this day in age, I don't think blue bloods matter to much in terms of exposure. Look at what happened to Ben Simmons? Played in a decent conference of course, but LSU is not a basketball school. I know it's just one example, but I'm sure there's others. Collin Sexton and Ben Simmons are just examples that come to my mind recently. 

Ben Simmons had a connection to LSU though with one of the assistants. I get your point but Romeo literally is not tied to Vandy at all other than the fact that he listed them as a school he's interested in. 

I would be shocked if both didn't get paid (we know Sexton did). Discussion for another time but I will be curious if we stop seeing oddball situations like these. Vandy for Garland? It makes more sense then those examples. His mom teaches there and he lives in Nashville. At least understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyone see the Peegs article about the pros and cons? Didn’t know if there was anything new. I have read all the pages on here so appreciate the info shared. Not trying to waste anyone’s time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I agree with this.  Kids that grow up as fans of certain schools, blue bloods or not, often don't go there and ANY school can get you into the NBA as we've seen, especially in a power 5 conference.  Yes, some top recruits that go to non-traditional schools (Simmons to LSU, Porter to Mizzou) DO have connections, but with today's marketing and media coverage, it is MUCH more about being comfortable with the coach, being in a system that highlights a players strengths and (to some degree) winning.

37 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

@Yogi's Picnic Basket said a while back that if Archie didn't need to visit before the announcement, it was most likely a good sign for IU. 

I stand by that. Everything I heard for weeks adds up in some way. The day of the announcement I heard conflicted reports but we all know that they have had trouble with that with todays news lol. I will go down w the IU ship regardless. Too much points to us from what I've heard and read. We shall find out Monday maybe sooner the way things are going. 

1 minute ago, JHoosier914 said:

I agree with this.  Kids that grow up as fans of certain schools, blue bloods or not, often don't go there and ANY school can get you into the NBA as we've seen, especially in a power 5 conference.  Yes, some top recruits that go to non-traditional schools (Simmons to LSU, Porter to Mizzou) DO have connections, but with today's marketing and media coverage, it is MUCH more about being comfortable with the coach, being in a system that highlights a players strengths and (to some degree) winning.

Simmons and Porter are both bad examples though. In the end, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC and Duke still get most of the top ranked kids. More randomness today, which is likely due to the shadiness around the NCAA/AAU/Sponsors.