Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Noah Vonleh - Shanghai Sharks

Charlotte Hornets power forward Noah Vonleh, the ninth overall pick in June’s draft, could start playing 5-on-5 next week after missing all of training camp with a sports hernia.

Vonleh had surgery last month and had been limited to running and shooting on his own. Starting Wednesday he was allowed to play 1-on-1 games, the first contact he’s had since his injury was diagnosed.

“I’m trying to see how I’m feeling when I’m moving laterally and when guys are physical with me, how I respond to it,” Vonleh said Thursday after a lengthy post-practice workout.

“I’m still being cautious with it, but I’m moving better. Very excited to be back on the court.”

A 6-foot-10 forward, Vonleh turned pro after one college season at Indiana. He wasn’t expected to play a lot this season behind Marvin Williams and Cody Zeller, but Hornets coach Steve Clifford felt a little shorthanded among big men with Vonleh out.

Vonleh first tested his body against contact after shootaround Wednesday morning in Philadelphia.

“I was a little sore. I was icing a lot last night. But I’m feeling good,” Noah said.

Assuming no setback, Vonleh anticipates starting to play full-court 5-on-5 in practice next week. When he’d be cleared to start playing in games would be based on that.

“I’m going to talk to the doctors (after the next step) and see what they’re saying and go from there,” Vonleh said.

Edited by OliviaPope40

https://indiana.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=942&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1719134

Charlotte Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh is expected to join the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Developmental League. That is according to comments Mad Ants coach Conner Henry made to Ft. Wayne radio show BS Sports.

https://indiana.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=942&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1719134

Charlotte Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh is expected to join the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Developmental League. That is according to comments Mad Ants coach Conner Henry made to Ft. Wayne radio show BS Sports.

Him, CWat, and Seth Cooper will be together.

Charlotte Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh is expected to join the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Developmental League. That is according to comments Mad Ants coach Conner Henry made to Ft. Wayne radio show BS Sports.

I'm not too surprised by this.

I'll leave

lol. Being a Fort Wayne guy, i know just enough about the Mad Ants, to know they are the Mad Ants. Not much else except:

Master P played for the Fort Wayne Fury many moons ago prior to the whole Mad Ant namesake.

Master Freaking P! Make um say Ugh!!!! Na, na, nana!

Edit- I do like the ring of the Red Ants. Them bastards are mean and pack an angry bite!

lol  Make 'em say Uggghhhh!  lol  Awesome!  I had some Master P in my collection back in the day!  Good stuff right there!  I remember the Fury too.  Wasn't that also the name of the Fort wayne indoor soccer team in the late 80s?  Maybe that was the Fire or the Flames or something.