Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Mario Kegler to Miss State

They are set up to be "considerably" better than us? Only if you can play 6 four-star kids for 40 minutes a game.

Oh and five are freshman. Hope they are the freshman ready to start and play senior minutes.

And we'll be losing how much talent again? So we'll have TB, Rojo, and ?. Maybe JBJ, if Troy isn't nearly as good as we think he will be this year he'll be back, which wouldn't be the greatest thing

And we'll be losing how much talent again? So we'll have TB, Rojo, and ?. Maybe JBJ, if Troy isn't nearly as good as we think he will be this year he'll be back, which wouldn't be the greatest thing

We will have TB, Rojo, a sr Collinn, Juwan, OG, Cujo, and a few more recruits.

If MSU gets DeRon Davis plus their current class they will wipe the floor with is next year. JB2 has about the same chance of returning as Newman. Our older players get overestimated at a ridiculously untrue amount. Our team seems to have the only players improve from one year to the next also. (Wink Wink).

Crean seemed to have every opportunity to recruit a stellar class again and is coming up short again.

Still time left but my recruiting faith in Crean is at an all time low.

And no, I'm not saying this based on Kegler. It's Bridges, Goodluck, Spalding, Richardson, Robinson, etc, etc, yada, yada, yada.

Love me some Twitter.

@Janitorinthegym: For the record ..Mario Kegler had "stomach flu" Sun after HHysteria missed #iubb workout ..prolly don't need people who get sick like that

Who'd he catch it from? Better not have been from his hosts...

We will have TB, Rojo, a sr Collinn, Juwan, OG, Cujo, and a few more recruits.

I would put Sophomore TB, Juwan, OG, Senior Colin, and Freshman Cujo plus whatever year Newkirk, and the rest of our extras

against 

Howland Reed's band of Freshman Kegler, Herard, Carter, Wright, Peters and Sophomore Weatherspoon and their nobodies

any day of the week. I mean, it's one thing to start projecting new players into each team, and it's even a little generous predicting we don't have JBJ or Troy for sure. But taking our pretty-much-certains against theirs? We would win that one in Indiana or Mississippi.

Kegler and his guardian about his plans to connect with all that is Mississippi State University through the mentoring of Coach Ben Howland:

"Ben feels like he has the opportunity to get out in one."

Sheesh.

Gross.

And well Mario, in last year's first round, there was what? 1 pick who was a one-and-done ranked around where Kegler is? Russell and anyone else? 

Kegler and his guardian about his plans to connect with all that is Mississippi State University through the mentoring of Coach Ben Howland:

"Ben feels like he has the opportunity to get out in one."

Sheesh.

he will very likely be all types of James Blackmon disappointed. Heck of a player but 1 n done??? Maybe Kegler and Howland were both drunk with impending stomach flus.

Oh so thats how Howland got all these guys, lying to them.  Its so simple

Yeah really. We always hear about how Crean isn't afraid to tell recruits the problems with their game. Maybe he wasn't afraid to tell Kegler he is probably not earning stacks until after his second year too.

Why couldn't Kegler be a one and done? Let's not sour grapes on this one.

Because the talent he shows in his tapes is not at a high enough level to be a one-and-done?

Because the player rating system is terrible for some things, but is extremely accurate regarding the top-20ish kids, and in doing so, is also extremely accurate at predicting who has the extra factors to be a one-year player?

What about his play have you seen that does indicate he could be a one-and-done? Or what reliable scouts or draft expert say he could be?

Don't get me wrong, he's going to be a great player. And in his sophomore year he's going to be an absolute stud. And I wish he'd chosen to be a Hoosier instead. But, none of that means he is a one-year-player.

Not saying he will be one and done but there is nothing about him, his size or his game that says he can't be. Ben didn't say lottery pick, just needs to be one of the top 60 picked next year. I would trust Bens evaluation over anyone on this forum that is basing their opinion on a few short clips

Because the talent he shows in his tapes is not at a high enough level to be a one-and-done?

Because the player rating system is terrible for some things, but is extremely accurate regarding the top-20ish kids, and in doing so, is also extremely accurate at predicting who has the extra factors to be a one-year player?

What about his play have you seen that does indicate he could be a one-and-done? Or what reliable scouts or draft expert say he could be?

Don't get me wrong, he's going to be a great player. And in his sophomore year he's going to be an absolute stud. And I wish he'd chosen to be a Hoosier instead. But, none of that means he is a one-year-player.

All of this, plus playing at MSU hes going to get alot less National TV exposure which may not be a big factor with NBA scouting, it is a factor. 

Not saying he will be one and done but there is nothing about him, his size or his game that says he can't be. Ben didn't say lottery pick, just needs to be one of the top 60 picked next year. I would trust Bens evaluation over anyone on this forum that is basing their opinion on a few short clips

Its sour grapes. I agee with this post.

It's not whether he's good enough that nags at me a little with Kegler's quote. It's more that his overwhelming intention is to be at Mississippi State for as short as time as possible.

It's the UK model of a kid going to college with no intention of becoming a college student.

When it happened at IU with Vonleh I was not a fan, to say the least.

Why would you leave school after one year to be anything other than a lottery pick?