Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Austin Boucher

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

Then why send him to South Side?????

Norwell or Bellmont couldn't provide anything?

Austin went to Southside because he liked to coach entering his Freshman year aka he told him he would start and his dad was made an assistant as well. I watched a few  games and South had like 10 assistant coaches on the varsity bench and only like 8 or 9 players dressed for the games.

15 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Austin went to Southside because he liked to coach entering his Freshman year aka he told him he would start and his dad was made an assistant as well. I watched a few  games and South had like 10 assistant coaches on the varsity bench and only like 8 or 9 players dressed for the games.

Appreciate that info ap.

Maybe when you hop schools so much, it doesn't settle with the other players.  Every look at that side too?

Let's move the racism talk (I agree that it is a two way street) aside.  I see this as a territorial thing and nothing less.  I am a regular starter at a school and because a kid (or dad) is shopping schools and promises are made regarding the make up of the starters on that team, I am going to be pissed off (and so would you be)!!!

12 hours ago, barrettballer said:

No it's definitely a two way thing. I'd love to talk about it more but I feel as if I'd derail this thread. So I'm just saying I'm just interested to hear how a kid in a predominately white area is dealing with racism. Because it can't be the "token" white guy thing because he obviously has game. Merely just interested in this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Gotcha, that makes sense.

Check out the article on bluehqmedia.com about Austin Boucher, it supports what I've been saying on this forum about the talented player!

So are you a cousin, or close relative or something? Cool what you are doing for the kid here to garner interest for your site, but damn. I don't see any chance he is playing for IU in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Never seen him play in person but it's hard to get very excited with these numbers.

Austin Boucher - '18 (SG) - G3 Grind        
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.

Avg 5.0 32%   39%   89%   3 3 2 1 0
# Gms 12                      

Never seen him play in person but it's hard to get very excited with these numbers.
Austin Boucher - '18 (SG) - G3 Grind        
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.

Avg 5.0 32%   39%   89%   3 3 2 1 0
# Gms 12                      

Good free throw shooter

His team has won 2 games out of 12 on the Under Armor circuit. The coaching is awful, and all the players just gun and chuck shots. He is shooting 39% for 3s from 30 to 35 feet away, because that's the only 3s he gets on this team. Most players would like to shoot 39% with toes on the line from 19'9". And if you have a player like Austin shooting 89% from the ft line a good coach should have him drive and get to the line! Kevin Easley quit the team because of the out of control playing conditions of this team. By the way Kevin's stats were very poor at best when he quit and a lot worse than Austins, and IU wants him. Austin is only playing half a game at most because the coach is trying to be far with playing time, resaults- only 2 wins. His AAU team is a joke! If you want a good gauge of his play watch him play with North Side. Remember at South Side his team won 16 games with him and this year without him 4 or 5. He averaged 25 pts. 4.5 assist a game playing against SAC and Indy teams. I'm looking forward to watching him this year (as many others are) now that he is back in Fort Wayne. I'm sure he will get his college payed for one way or another!

His team has won 2 games out of 12 on the Under Armor circuit. The coaching is awful, and all the players just gun and chuck shots. He is shooting 39% for 3s from 30 to 35 feet away, because that's the only 3s he gets on this team. Most players would like to shoot 39% with toes on the line from 19'9". And if you have a player like Austin shooting 89% from the ft line a good coach should have him drive and get to the line! Kevin Easley quit the team because of the out of control playing conditions of this team. By the way Kevin's stats were very poor at best when he quit and a lot worse than Austins, and IU wants him. Austin is only playing half a game at most because the coach is trying to be far with playing time, resaults- only 2 wins. His AAU team is a joke! If you want a good gauge of his play watch him play with North Side. Remember at South Side his team won 16 games with him and this year without him 4 or 5. He averaged 25 pts. 4.5 assist a game playing against SAC and Indy teams. I'm looking forward to watching him this year (as many others are) now that he is back in Fort Wayne. I'm sure he will get his college payed for one way or another!

Please stop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app