Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Austin Boucher

On 9/26/2016 at 5:50 PM, HoosierTrav said:

I've heard that the kid is a good kid but his dad is an absolute head case. This comes from parents of some of his aau teammates.

Actually Boucher transferred from South because a teammate had brought a gun to practice. The kid got a two day school suspension

I am an old teacher of Austin. The reason he moved from Norwell to Bellmont was because he was constantly bullied due to his abilities on the court. I feel bad for all he has had to put up with.

Thanks for the insight. It is nice to hear the other side of the story sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

On February 7, 2016 at 0:13 AM, Fortwaynefan123 said:

Coach of Boucher is on the hot seat. Boucher did not start, nor play much in the game. Was even pulled in the last 1:20 with a seven point lead to prove he can win without Boucher; however, it back fired and they lost. Rumor is the coach maybe fired by the end of the year.

I have come to know a couple of coaches like him over the past few years. In my case the two coaches either can't make it past the first game of the sectional or can't make it out of the sectional but both think they are gods gift to basketball and I'm not talking just one year it is multiple years.

One of these coaches that I speak of is in year four and has not made it out of the sectional. The prior two coaches had won sectionals, regionals, semi states, and state championships! This coach runs off an entire class that would be seniors this year!  I will not go to another high school basketball game again unless my grand kids are playing and that will be a very long time!

First of all, don't feel sorry for this kid.

He has never been bullied at Norwell, He doesn't want to listen to the coaches, and his dad is a royal a-hole.

Getting bullied for basketball abilities???  Please........  re-taking 8th grade again???  for what reason????

Norwell -->  didn't think the team was good enough  Bellmont --> Daddy got a job in the school system  South Side  -->  Walked off the court because he didn't listen to the coach.  Claimed that another teammate pulled a knife on him in the locker room.  North Side -->  IHSAA finally woke up and saw the writing on the wall

This is not a good track record nor any good reasoning behind it.  STAY AWAY!!!

On 10/6/2016 at 1:19 PM, HoosierCoop said:

First of all, don't feel sorry for this kid.

He has never been bullied at Norwell, He doesn't want to listen to the coaches, and his dad is a royal a-hole.

Getting bullied for basketball abilities???  Please........  re-taking 8th grade again???  for what reason????

Norwell -->  didn't think the team was good enough  Bellmont --> Daddy got a job in the school system  South Side  -->  Walked off the court because he didn't listen to the coach.  Claimed that another teammate pulled a knife on him in the locker room.  North Side -->  IHSAA finally woke up and saw the writing on the wall

This is not a good track record nor any good reasoning behind it.  STAY AWAY!!!

To my understanding, a teammate brought a gun into the locker room. Also, if I'm not mistaken, isn't Bluffton and Norwell county rivals? I sense biased feelings. Plus most adults have jobs, and all teachers teach at schools. Austins older brother also attended Bellmont 6 years prior. Austin would have never moved from Norwell if he could have reclassified there.  

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, Fortwaynefan123 said:

To my understanding, a teammate brought a gun into the locker room. Also, if I'm not mistaken, isn't Bluffton and Norwell county rivals? I sense biased feelings. Plus most adults have jobs, and all teachers teach at schools. Austins older brother also attended Bellmont 6 years prior. Austin would have never moved from Norwell if he could have reclassified there.  

So why not stay at Bellmont?  What did South Side have to offer the Norwell or Bellmont couldn't provide?

1 minute ago, Connorsvilleballer said:

I have done some research on Austin. It seems he is a 4.0 student. Bellmont nor Norwell has a high level college prep program. South side seems to have the International Baccalaureate Program, which seems to be one of (if not the best) college prep courses.

Welcome aboard and appreciate the informative post.  Hope you become a frequent contributor.

Returning to Fort Wayne North Side HS and be a teammate of Keion Brooks.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/article/20170330/ARTICLE/170339985/1137

By Justin Kenny, jkenny@news-sentinel.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Austin Boucher is back at North Side.

The News-Sentinel has learned that the junior is back taking classes at North and will be eligible to play basketball for the Legends his senior year.

After playing his first two years of high school basketball at South Side, Boucher transferred to North Side last summer. After South Side did not sign off on the 6-foot-1 guard to be immediately eligible for competition, the case was sent to the Indiana High School Athletic Association, which declared Boucher ineligible for competition.

Boucher attended St.JamesPrep School in Hagerstown, Md. for much of his junior year, playing for the basketball team there. With St. James on a trimester system, Boucher chose to return to North Side following the most recent semester's completion.

As a sophomore with the Archers, Boucher was one of the best pure scorers in the area. His final game with South was a 54-point effort in sectional play against Muncie Central on March 4, 2016, the fifth-most points ever scored in an Indiana high school tournament game.

Boucher will partner with junior-to-be Keion Brooks Jr. and senior-to-be Brandan Johnson next season as North Side will look to have another exceptional season after this year's Class 4A runner-up finish. 

I think I've got the timeline down on this kid:

Went to Norwell Middle School, transferred to Bellmont and repeated 8th grade, transferred to South Side and played for 2 years, mysteriously sat for a few games last Christmas and was rumored to have left the team, transferred to North Side last summer and is now transferring to prep school in Maryland. 

Matt Carlino thinks this kid transfers too much. 

Matt Carlino AND HIS DAD would be correct!

Cue Beach Boys song in the background: "Round., round,get around--I get around"!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm not going to spend the time researching, but I think way back in the last millenium, a kid by the name of Bruce Grimm from multiple high schools in northern Indiana and multiple colleges before ending up at Furnam makes Boucher's moves look amateurish in comparison.

Austin is a great kid and what ever college he chooses( he is a top student and will have not only basketball offers, but also academic scholarships as well) is getting a class act! Austin has put up with jealousy and racism his whole life. He was always the youngest player on the court, diamond, track or field and he always dominated the competition. When he was in the 8th grade he won the conference in cross county and the kid that finished 2nd was 19 months older than him (by the way he also was a national champ in cross county). The kid is a great athlete and even better person, ask any kid or adult that knows him and the will tell you the same. We all know the saying the apple dose not fall far from the tree and his parents are good people also. Ask any teacher- great kid/student good parents. Austin was encouraged by college coaches to reclass and when he did he chose not to compete in sports at Bellmont because he didn't want to brake records or take away spots of other kids at the school. Other kids have been held back or reclassed and they continued to compete at the schools they were attending. The Blackmons have all been held back or reclassed and have been to many different schools, but no one talks negative about them! I detect a lot of jealousy in these blogs from adults that don't even know Austin or the Bouhers. They get second hand here say and exaggerations and try to ruin a young mans future that they don't even know, thats pretty sad!