Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

2015 #IUBB Offseason Thread

He's just not allowed to start because he'll somehow take our offense from Top 10 to out of the Top 25.

We are not going to have a five man team.

We will have a four man team (Yogi, Troy, TB, and JBj)  + a four man team (Rojo, Nick, Emmitt, and Collinn).

I don't think he should start, I see him as a great 4 year player. I think he has a lot to learn and a lot of confidence to gain.

So because he is a four year player he shouldn't start? RJ is too but everyone thinks he should start.

So because he is a four year player he shouldn't start? RJ is too but everyone thinks he should start.

I believe Rob will start because Crean fell in love with small ball. As far as Holt goes, I don't see him starting this year but would not be surprised if he started or plays significant minutes the year after that.

1)  So because he is a four year player he shouldn't start?                            2) RJ is too but everyone thinks he should start.

1) Agreed. but 2) Don't agree that everyone thinks Rojo should start.

Personally, I think it's a three man sweepstakes for the fifth starting spot between Collinn, Emmitt, and Rojo, with the best defender getting the nod. Never thought that Emmitt might start, but now that we have Max to back up as a true big, Emmitt can start with backup 5 spot minutes till filled by a competent player.

Besides, I'm more concerned with who finishes games, not who starts them.

If Holt has the foot speed to guard opposing 4s I would like to see him in the starting lineup.

Yogi, JBJ, Williams, Holt, Bryant

RoJo - first guard in

Hartman - first wing in

Bielfeldt - first big in

Last year the starting 5 consisted of three shooters, a springy wing, and a "big."  Holt needs to work on his foot speed to guard 4s, a midrange jumper, and working the baseline.  That would put our defense and rebounding at the level we need to compete in the B1G.  However, small ball will most likely rule the season again and Williams will play out of position at the 4.

Where the heck did he say Holt shouldn't start because he's a four year player? He said he doesn't think Holt should start, and that he's a four year player with a lot to learn. You trying to argue with people again?

That's saying he shouldn't start because he's a four year player. Which makes zero sense.

Are you that dense?

I don't think he should start = he's not good enough NOW to start or the pieces aren't there for him to start
BUT....
I see him as a great four year player = he will have two more years as a possible starter, nice overall career at IU

Nowhere in his comment did he ever say he shouldn't start because he is a four year player.

That's how he he put that sentence together. That's not my fault.

Those that are leaving him out of their predicted bench lineups could be very wrong.

I'm flipping he and Juwan to be honest. I see OG contributing a little bit and Juwan coming along more slowly. I was kind of thinking that before anyways.

Can't think of anyone in my time wearing #31.  I like it, and I can't wait to see Bryant play with our returning players.  We have for the first time in a while a very balanced team, with many different pieces to the puzzle.  The thing that I'm really looking forward to watching is which Sophomore has progressed the most from their Freshman year.  

Can't think of anyone in my time wearing #31.  I like it, and I can't wait to see Bryant play with our returning players.  We have for the first time in a while a very balanced team, with many different pieces to the puzzle.  The thing that I'm really looking forward to watching is which Sophomore has progressed the most from their Freshman year.  

Last notable #31 was John Laskowski.  Of the 5 that wore that number after Laz, 3 never hung around.