Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IHSAA Boys/Girls State Tournament

I am here!!!! What a weekend! Southport here we come! I hope anyone in the area this Saturday comes out to watch, this team is the epitome of southern Indiana basketball! Go Alices!

Here's the schedule for today in case you missed it. Barr-Reeve/Clay City and Evanville Reitz/Richmond are on Stream.

Lafayette Jefferson
Class A | Liberty Christian (25‐3) vs. Marquette Catholic (23‐6) | 1 pm ET / 12 pm CT
Class 2A | Frankton (25‐2) vs. Hammond Bishop Noll (13‐13) | Approx. 3 pm ET/2 pm CT

Huntington North
Class 3A | Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger (14‐13) vs. Griffith (18‐3) | 4 pm ET/3 pm CT
Class 4A | Homestead (27‐2) vs. South Bend Riley (12‐14) | Approx. 6 pm ET / 5 pm CT

Seymour
Class A | Barr‐Reeve (25‐2) vs. Clay City (24‐4) | 1 pm ET/12 pm CT
Class 4A | Evansville Reitz (28‐1) vs. Richmond (26‐3) | Approx. 3 pm ET/2 pm CT

Southport
Class 2A | Linton‐Stockton (22‐6) vs. Park Tudor (24‐2) | 4 pm ET
Class 3A | Vincennes Lincoln (21‐6) vs. Guerin Catholic (20‐8) | Approx. 6 pm ET

congrats to Barr-Reeve and Reitz...
southern Indiana represent!

did I miss what happened to our Vincennes representative?

Vincennes came out very nervous. Looked like their 2 starting senior guards were up for it. The rest looked like they were afraid to make a mistake. I felt bad for them. Guerin played well and played like they had nothing to lose.

Vincennes came out very nervous. Looked like their 2 starting senior guards were up for it. The rest looked like they were afraid to make a mistake. I felt bad for them. Guerin played well and played like they had nothing to lose.

I agree came out tight and nervous and couldn't get any shots to fall from the outside which is our game plan.  This was my first time seeing a public school vs private school 3A game in person and it just makes me believe more that these private schools need their own class.  How are rural southern indiana school expected to compete with Indy private schools that can "recruit" kids to their program? doesn't seem fair in my opinion, oh well, good luck to Barr-Reeve!

Congrats to the EELS for a heck of a 4 year run. Couldn't of played much better, the BB gods just said no this time. Had the look we wanted with the right guy shooting. Just the breaks of the game. Wow what a ballgame and they say class basketball killed Indiana basketball couldn't hardly find a seat at Seymour.

Congrats to the EELS for a heck of a 4 year run. Couldn't of played much better, the BB gods just said no this time. Had the look we wanted with the right guy shooting. Just the breaks of the game. Wow what a ballgame and they say class basketball killed Indiana basketball couldn't hardly find a seat at Seymour.

The atmosphere Saturday at Seymour was amazing. I'm still disappointed in the outcome of the game, but not in the way the team played. I could not be more proud of the team, their accomplishments, and how they represented the Clay City community and Clay county. Well done, Eels, well done!

Schedule for Saturday. All the games are on Stream.

Class A | Marquette Catholic (24-6) vs. Barr-Reeve (26-2) | 10:30 am ET
Class 2A | Frankton (26-2) vs. Park Tudor (25-2) | Approx. 12:45 pm ET

Class 3A | Griffith (19-10) vs. Guerin Catholic (21-8) | 6 pm ET
Class 4A | Homestead (28-2) vs. Evansville Reitz (29-1) | Approx. 8:15 pm ET

N.D. Kendrick‏@NDkendrick
Tom Crean and Tod Kowalczyk head coaches in the gym for Reitz/Richmond. Crean for Nate Hansen. Kowalczyk for Jaelan Sanford.

ND, is starting to lose some credibility in my book. I know Nate's dad and he is having some major issues passing his ACT. He is going to end up signing with Olney Central or Vincennes I would say. Unless Crean is recruiting him for 2018, this is not going to happen.