Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Defense! Defense! Defense!

I want to add this as well. When the defense has been broken down and you have to foul, at least foul hard enough they miss the shot. Not trying to hurt anyone but stop the ball. I swear I have lost count at how many times nz has hand checked someone going up for a layup and its always an and 1. nz fouls like a bulimic sissy ninny. Is that not as simple as telling nick that when you bench over 180 you probably can create more contact then a kiss on the cheek?

It all starts on the perimeter and our guards,Yogi excluded seem preoccupied with overplaying the passing lanes looking for the steal instead of keeping their man in front of them.Gambling defenses are great when you have protect tion at the rim.Not so much with us.

it's all about "deflections" remember, that's CTC's defensive stat. "Victor had 22 deflections tonight." Man he loves them. Players play to whaT the coach teaches.... Let's go deflect the ball!!!

Anyone holding out hope for a Sweet 16 appearance with our 244th ranked D, it ain't gonna happen.

I went back and looked at all the S16 teams from 2002-2014. The worse D was #186, and its an outlier. Only 10 of those 208 teams were over 100th. The average is 32nd. IF we were to make it at 244, we would be an anomaly to an anomaly.

For a positive spin on this depressing note, the offensive outburst required to overcome this D and make a little tourney run would be damm fun to watch lol.

Anyone holding out hope for a Sweet 16 appearance with our 244th ranked D, it ain't gonna happen.

I went back and looked at all the S16 teams from 2002-2014. The worse D was #186, and its an outlier. Only 10 of those 208 teams were over 100th. The average is 32nd. IF we were to make it at 244, we would be an anomaly to an anomaly.

For a positive spin on this depressing note, the offensive outburst required to overcome this D and make a little tourney run would be damm fun to watch lol.

Right on. One and done, unless our opponent plays NBA style ball like us.