Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SF Kevin Easley Jr.

Not that it wasn't us, but that it was WAY early and unexpected.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sounds like VCU laid the groundwork early in the recruitment and he stayed loyal to them even though high majors were knocking
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/kevin-easley-opts-in-early-commits-to-vcu?utm_content=buffer3772b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 4/4/2017 at 2:14 PM, ccgeneral said:

Maybe someone to keep an eye with the coaching change.

Right you are.

Kevin Easley   @kevineasley__34
I will like to announce after a long discussion with my family and coaches, I have decided to decommit from VCU and reopen my recruitment

Has anyone seen him play? Is he the kind of player we should be going after?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have watched him play several times the last couple years. I haven't been too impressed in the games I have seen. I'm sure he has had dominating games before but in the most of the games I have watched he was outplayed by the other star on the other team( Brooks, gunn, Wilkes). So I don't think he would ever be the guy but as far as a complimentary piece on a team I believe he could. He had a nice game in a losing effort in sectionals. He has another year to improve so we shall see if CAM wants to lock up the boarder on this one. I could see him as a kid later on down the road could come back to haunt IU for not getting (Nunge will be that kid in a couple of years).

I have watched him play several times the last couple years. I haven't been too impressed in the games I have seen. I'm sure he has had dominating games before but in the most of the games I have watched he was outplayed by the other star on the other team( Brooks, gunn, Wilkes). So I don't think he would ever be the guy but as far as a complimentary piece on a team I believe he could. He had a nice game in a losing effort in sectionals. He has another year to improve so we shall see if CAM wants to lock up the boarder on this one. I could see him as a kid later on down the road could come back to haunt IU for not getting (Nunge will be that kid in a couple of years).

Thanks, USPS. Given our current roster and the other recruits available in 2018, I don't know that I'd like us to pursue this one purely to "lock up the state" based on your assessment.

Thanks, USPS. Given our current roster and the other recruits available in 2018, I don't know that I'd like us to pursue this one purely to "lock up the state" based on your assessment.

I still would in my opinion. CAM just told the whole state of Indiana the inside out approach. With having to build his relationships with high school players and coaches from the ground up he is going to have to start somewhere. Even with my assessment there is no denying Easley is talented. I feel it is really hard to scout kids in this area because within a 30 mile radius on a given night during the high school season I could drive to a gym with multiple D-1 talented kids playing against one another so a lot of good kids get overlooked. In my opinion to build the foundation for his recruiting philosophy he is going to have to take fliers on border line top 100 players in the state. These early relationships will build trust and make it to where down the road CAM can be picky within the state on who he wants.