Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

We would have been crushed by both Michigan and Illinois today with the way that one was played.  Michigan is still a more worthy tourney team than IU imo. 

I would disagree about Michigan today.  Defensively, they were really pathetic today.  It's like they had to decided whether to give open layups and open threes and decided to give up both.  The only thing that kept them from giving up 100 was Illinois not hitting their free throws.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Can someone explain this to me?  Jerry Palm doesn't have IU even on the last four out list (that's not my question though).....he has BYU ABOVE the last four in, yet has them as a 12 seed while two teams on the last four in are playing on the 11 seed line.

And, FWIW, he has the two teams on the 11 seed line playing in the first four in the SAME bracket where BYU is a 12 seed.

To fit his bracket and following bracket guidelines.  Most of the time the last 4 are either both 11s or both 12s.   Sometimes they have to have the first 4 where they split them to fit the bracket.   I’ve seen 13 seeds as last 4 in and I think Byu and whoever they played was a 14.    

BYU is a special case and can throw brackets off when they make the tournament.   They can’t play in the Fri/Sun games so they might be moved up or down to seed line to fit the bracket.    For your first question Palm is 100 on bracket matrix and a Purdue grad.    He isn’t that good and he usually puts IU low.  Sometimes he is so bad he gets it right.  Lol.  Last year I think he was the only one that had Wichita St making it in 

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I would disagree about Michigan today.  Defensively, they were really pathetic today.  It's like they had to decided whether to give open layups and open threes and decided to give up both.  The only thing that kept them from giving up 100 was Illinois not hitting their free throws.

And underwood decided not to play Plummer that much down the stretch.   Don’t think he was hurt but was sitting.  Kid had 23 pts in the first half 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

And underwood decided not to play Plummer that much down the stretch.   Don’t think he was hurt but was sitting.  Kid had 23 pts in the first half 

I could be wrong, but I don't think Curbelo played very much after the collision with Dickinson either.  It was one of those games that I thought Illinois controlled, Michigan expended a lot of energy just to get close.  Despite Michigan hitting 7 more free throws on the same number of attempts, they lost by 8.  

23 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Palm always has IU 4 spots lower than everyone else does. He’s a Purdue grad. 

Not saying IU should be in the tournament or anything, but he is pretty clearly biased against IU. Unfortunately IU tends to prove him right 

Thankfully, Palm is just as bad as Morrie in recent years since people with brains started bracketeering.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Last 6 years the first 4 have all been 11 seeds for the last at-large teams 

But that's not a set rule, right?  Have they ever seeded an at large team in the first four below an at large seed not in the last four?  It wouldn't make sense that there are two 11 seeds playing in the play in game in the same bracket where another at large bid is a 12 seed.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

But that's not a set rule, right?  Have they ever seeded an at large team in the first four below an at large seed not in the last four?  It wouldn't make sense that there are two 11 seeds playing in the play in game in the same bracket where another at large bid is a 12 seed.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I can’t speak for palm but maybe he has byu as an 11 seed in his seed list and not one of the last 4 in but had to move them up a seed to 12 to fit the bracket so that they play in the Thursday/Saturday games 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I can’t speak for palm but maybe he has byu as an 11 seed in his seed list and not one of the last 4 in but had to move them up a seed to 12 to fit the bracket so that they play in the Thursday/Saturday games 

Could be, just seems very strange.

12 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nebraska about to get their 2nd Big Ten win... Have definitely avoided being the worst team in a Power Conference. Georgetown lost their 18th straight and 0-16 in conference. 

G'town needs a new coach.  Archie Miller anyone?