Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Dan Dakich loved to wax poetic about how Big Ten refs had an impossible job, because Big Ten games are always so well attended and there's just no way to give road teams a fair shake when thousands of rabid fans are booing and screaming at you after a call. 

Maybe it's time to just admit some of these guys suck at reffing basketball games. Tired of people making excuses for homer refs. 

It's every bit as bad at the high school level. Last week, I saw a game where there was a scramble for a loose ball, and after a good 5-6 seconds, the ref finally called a foul on the visiting team. Two players from the home team were laughing as they got up, and the ref who made the call was laughing with them. Shady as sh*t. 

Obviously, it would be next to impossible to prove it but.. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is how the Big Ten wants it. If they didn’t want the football on the hard court we’d see a much different style. MSU and Whizzo loves it. Painter and purdoodoo love the style too. Throw in Wiscy. I honestly think it hurts the Big Ten in several ways. First with recruiting, not sure the upper level talent want to play that kind of physical style. Second, I don’t think it helps to bang like that through 20 league games then switch gears in the NCAA. All that is just my opinion though.

I still ******* hate the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Just got home from finishing up Christmas shopping a few minutes with the wife. I turned the Illinois game an and I'm wondering if there has been any defense played? All I've seen is a pick up game

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Iowa's not the only B1.0 team that can give up 90+. It helps offset those 52-48 'dog fights' that this dumb conference seems to pride itself on.

Edit: Stop fouling, you're down 15. Do you get free Chic-Fil-A if you allow 100?

Maryland getting hammered by PU. If we can't beat Maryland and PSU who look like garbage right now, its game over for our season (those are our next two games after Illinois this weekend). 

Maryland came back, but PU held on thanks to something IU fans are all to familiar with in that the Terps could not shoot FT's. This Maryland team looks very beatable but can IU take advantage and get a W?

Michigan wins fairly handily at Nebraska and controlled much of second half. 

Nebraska is better and plays hard for a half. However, they still look like the worst team in the Big Ten who lack depth and can't hang with teams for a full 40 minutes. 

Minnesota upsets Iowa in the Barn in an OT thriller as the Gophers got red hot from 3 late. Other than Nebraska who is a step behind, and Maryland and PSU being maybe a half step behind but dangerous, this Big Ten is absolutely brutal and anyone can win any given night. Teams better be ready. 

23 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Minnesota made seven 3's over the final minute of regulation and overtime. We go entire games without hitting that many. 

Why ya gotta be so Debbie Downer-istic?

It’s no fun at all!

(and PLEASE don’t respond to this post with sumthin like “if IU/Archie/Durham gave me something to be happy about”...)

23 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Minnesota made seven 3's over the final minute of regulation and overtime. We go entire games without hitting that many. 

It’s WAY more fun to enjoy good basketball wherever one sees it, revel in Purdue and UK losses, and for IU, enjoy the heck out of wins and shake off losses.

IMO

It’s WAY more fun to enjoy good basketball wherever one sees it, revel in Purdue and UK losses, and for IU, enjoy the heck out of wins and shake off losses.

IMO

Don't you know that if you shrug off a loss and aren't mad for days about it or don't speak critical of them every game, even when they play well, then you are ok with mediocrity?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk