Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Stop being lazy and just work a part-time job in the summer to pay for school. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I was joking man. That's just one of my favorite lines I hear older people say when they're criticizing millennials because it shows a complete lack of awareness. 

Or how about a full-time job during the semester?   How about 2 years of full-time before college to save money? How about any number of things that lessen the burden? Anyway, I didn't target any one specific group, I said the 5 I am aware of, me being in the 3rd group all seem to be less responsible etc than the previous.

1 minute ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Or how about a full-time job during the semester?   How about 2 years of full-time before college to save money? How about any number of things that lessen the burden? Anyway, I didn't target any one specific group, I said the 5 I am aware of, me being in the 3rd group all seem to be less responsible etc than the previous.

Supposed to work a full time job while in high school? Pretty sure that’s not even legal. 

Not to mention in order to get into good schools you have to fill your application with extra curriculars. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Supposed to work a full time job while in high school? Pretty sure that’s not even legal. 

Not to mention in order to get into good schools you have to fill your application with extra curriculars. 

I wasn't clear, I meant 2 gap years between high school and college.

It probably is illegal these days, thank goodness it wasn't 35 years ago...

Just now, HoosierHoops1 said:

I wasn't clear, I meant 2 gap years between high school and college.

It probably is illegal these days, thank goodness it wasn't 35 years ago...

You are completely out of touch if you think you can save money on the wages people get paid for unskilled labor. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3cdaee0ba4c16a3865ab3c1fbcd6b521.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

My favorite was to go to the company don’t just go online. The personal touch matters. 

Current job I got from a recruiter that found my resume online 

Maybe 30 years ago lol

It's like they don't realize how much the job market has changed in the past 30-40 years. A bachelors degree has become the new high school diploma, and it's a heck of a lot more expensive. 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You are completely out of touch if you think you can save money on the wages people get paid for unskilled labor. 

Perhaps, if you want to work a 40 hour week, but why limit yourself, to average, for something you want?

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's like they don't realize how much the job market has changed in the past 30-40 years. A bachelors degree has become the new high school diploma, and it's a heck of a lot more expensive. 

The earning market has exploded. There's more opportunuity to make money now than ever before.

This sounds like my wheelhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly, we could construct a bracket if enough people are willing to make a list of programs. Maybe we could do just 32 teams as 64 is quite a bit. Although, we could probably get 20 of the teams from just the ACC and $EC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app